iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New Contest

Started by jeff, April 02, 2001, 06:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We're goona have another contest! I got the prize, I just don't know what your going to have to do to win it. Any suggestions? No, not the first person from Maine to post, No not the first canadian to molest a moose, This one has to involve everyone. The Christmas contest inadvertantly excluded some of our more technically challenged members, and I don't want that to happen this time.

Ideas are hard to come by. I will tell more about the prize when I get some ideas here!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

P.S. This is a really nice prize.

L. Wakefield

*DanG! I'd be in that technically challenged group, no doubt a-tall. I need that old device a round tuit, cuz I never...         LW
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

L. Wakefield

Dude! This ng never ceases to amaze..It just edited my mild swear in the preceding post- put is the asterisks. Now that makes me feel like reeling off all the swears i can think of to see what auto-triggers the censoring function. (Kinda like seeing how far you can spit off the top of a parking arage..) Were it not for your tender ears.. :-X
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Gordon

A contest that is fair for all. Ok this is all that I could come up with. Put all the names in a hat of the people who have posted in the past month and draw one out. Here is my wifes idea---How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop.

Pretty lame ideas, if I do say so myself. ::)

You have a tough job that I wouldn't want right now Jeff. If I do come up with something better I'll post it. But that's all I have right now at the tip of my tounge.

Whats the prize?
If it's that good maybe it should be for Kubota owners only. :D
HEHEHE
Gordon

Jeff

Here is why I have a contest. The big reason is to promote growth and usage of the forum. The second reason is to show my appreciation to those that do that. I know the first reason is why any business has giveaways. The second reason may be rather unique to us.
So, we need a contest that lasts a little longer then pulling a name out of a hat. Nothing wrong with that, but we need to figure out how you get your name in that hat.

The prize. I don't have a real good picture of the prize. But it does have a name. "Butterfly Stop"
This is an original oil painting. Not a print. I will look through my files and see if I can find a photo, but It won't do the painting justice.

Jeff

This picture shows no color or no detail, (Like the forground flowers with the butterflys) but it gives you an idea. The canvas size is 18 by 24 so it is a large painting.

Bill Johnson

How about some type of writing contest? Even the most technically challenged of us should be able to concoct some type of interesting :P story.
If you buy into this then you will need a theme and unbiased judges.
That's as far as I can get a thought to run right now.
And just to clarify, they were never able to prove the moose story, its a fake I tell you a fake.
Bill
Bill

Don P

Yeah, I'd paint Fergie orange for that!  :D

Jeff

Not many ideas on this, I guess it will have to wait until after the end of this month for me to come up with something. For the next two weeks I will be pretty much dedicated to preparing for my computer workshop at the Timbermens convention.

I hope some of you regulars, and for that matter, irregulars (no I don't mean you L.) Kick this forum in high gear for that last week in April. This forum, and The Timber Buyers Network will be front and center for the first time for all The Timbermen's members to see. That's over 700 companys.

Things seem to be pretty slow around here, I thought the mention of a one of a kind contest prize would kick things up. Just for a test on who all reads this post, make a reply that say's you would like to win this contest.

Gordon

Actually Jeff, it might work out for the better waiting a couple of weeks for the contest. That will give us all alittle more time to think of some ideas. That way once posted you could sift through all new the ideas.

Remember it's tough to make a contest fair for all. Maybe thats why there haven't been more replies on this thread. I know the prize is sure worth it.

Dang, I was supposed to say something about reading something and now I forgot. Oh well hope you get the meaning.;D

Best of luck with the timbermen and women!
Gordon

Bill Johnson

Agreed lets give it a couple of weeks to see if the brain cells thaw out from the winter. It was -19 C here to-day with the wind chill. That's not fair it April 17th for crying out loud, the crocuses are up and the tulips are poking through the snow.
But brother spring like it wasn't. :D

Bill