iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been a bad week

Started by PawNature, October 18, 2006, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

I transport trucks. Last Tuesday in Knoxvill I hit a JB Hunt tractor and Trailer in the rear. She just stoped dead in front of me and I coudn't stop in time. Luckly no one was hurt and only minor damage. I picked up a load in Laredo yesterday bound for Costa Mesa, CA. I stoped in El Paso and checked in at the Red Roof. Got up this morning and went to leave and my load of 3 trucks were missing. First thought was that they had been towed. But no such luck. They are either in Mexico or lying out in the desert stripped. Company lost about $300,000 worth of trucks and I lost about $1000 worth of tools and clothing. Had a flight out of El Paso to go home. As of now it has been delayed indefinately due to weather in Houston. Just talke to the wife and she said my mill shed roof was lying about 20 feed to the side upside down. To bad they would let me carry my peice. I could have just ended it all. Just kidding. But man it has been a streak of bad luck. I told my wife the way my luck is running, if the plane crashed I would probably be the only one who survived.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Patty

Bummer of a week for sure.   Here I thought I had it bad when they put too many pickles on my Big Mac last night!   ::)
Sorry you are having it rough, I hope you make it home safely and your lovely wife has the beer cold waiting for you.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Bill

FWIW

Sometimes weeks like this come along - being the optimist ( but always planning like a pessimist ) I figure its just so we can remember who's in charge and more to the point to appreciate the good ( little ? ) things.

Goes back to that old cliche - if it doesn't kill ya it'll make ya stronger.

Good Luck ( and it will change for the better ) . . .

Tobacco Plug

It sounds like you have really had a rough week, but still, count your blessings.  You have a wife to go home to and Jesus loves you.
Keep your chin up!
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

pigman

The advantages of a bad week like the one you had is that it will make  next week seem good. Well, we just hope it will get better. This week for me has been better for me than last week, but not as good as the week before. :)
Bob

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

CHARLIE

Pawnature, go ahead and get on that plane. You'll be real safe. Bad luck runs in threes and you've had your 3.

1. Wreck
2. Theft
3. Storm damage
4. Safe flight home. 8)

I'm truly sorry for your misfortune and do hope things get better for you. Whoever stole those trucks must've really known what they were doing to know how to hot wire your truck and take off with it and your cargo. Musta been professional theives. Sure would be nice if they would catch them and then shoot them as they tried to escape. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

brdmkr

Paw, 

You have had a bad one!  One thing I keep telling myself when things go bad is that I know that there is a purpose behind it.  Sometimes these things happen for our benefit; they sort of prepare us for service.  Sometimes these things happen for the benefit of someone else.  In these cases, we are merely players in someone else's story and we may never understand why something happened topside of the earth. 

I am glad you are OK.  Hang in there.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

RSteiner

There's no getting around it you had your turn getting the short end of the stick.  No one likes it when it is their turn.  It is times like this when you find out just how lucky you are.  Look at the great bunch of people here who have felt your pain and have tried to cheer you up and encourage you to go on.

My heart is lifted just reading these posts, I hope your's is too.  The struggles in life are not meant as punishment their design is to move us closer to those who love us and care about us and especially remember what Tobacco Plug said Jesus loves you.

Randy
Randy

stumpy

Brings to mind the saying   "Some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you"
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

PawNature

I appreciate you all for letting me cry on your shoulder. Fact is I have more blessing that I can count. It just seems that when the enemy hits you, you get temporary amnesia. 8)

rebocardo

You never know when your bad luck, might have kept you from having worse luck, and being dead because the delays help you avoid what was waiting for you down the road.

Tom

Along with the bad luck of the losses, there is a special anger that goes along with being burglarized and I know how that makes one feel.  Sometimes you have to look long and hard to find a silver lining.  Maybe this will be a start.

1. The minor damage from the accident won't have to be fixed.
2. You will get a new truck.
3. You will get a chance to re-do all those things on the mill shed that you wished you had done differently
4.  They're waiting for the bad weather to pass before they send you up.  :P :)

Wouldn't it be great if they found the guys that did the theft?

Quartlow

And to think I was whining to the wife about the dryer breaking  ;D Next week has to better Paw
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

thecfarm

Never say,"It can't get worse than this".Chin up and read Tom's post again.We are all behind you here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PawNature

I got a call from the El Paso police dept last night, they found the trucks in an abandoned warehouse. No details yet other than he said they seemed to be in fairly decent shape. Didn't appear to be striped.

beenthere

PawNature
That is good for the company, and hope there is hope that your tools were found too.
Good to hear from you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!