iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Texas rain

Started by Texas Ranger, June 16, 2007, 10:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Our afternoon rain came in the morning today, we have been getting somewhere around an inch a day for, oh, I don't know, ever.  We have surpassed our annual total for the year.  Good year for growing trees, and crawfish.

You boys in Georgia need a shower, come on over, got lots of water. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I will be over week after next.  Maybe we can have breakfast and you can coach me on the particulars of the rain dance. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thurlow

Here in West TN, our annual average is about 48 inches;  YTD, we've had about 7 or 8.  Crops don't look THAT bad, but we're just now entering the dry season.  Glad I'm no longer sweating it.   8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Texas Ranger

After our inch and a quarter this morning, we are getting our afternoon normal shower, so  far less than a half inch.  Can you folks east of us inhale, or do something to draw this stuff your way?  Getting down right DanG boring.

SwampDonkey

Hasn't been rain here for a week and a half now. Very dry in the woods. I almost coughed to death the other day it was so dusty in the mature woods I was in. I'm not allergic to anything, but it sure was dusty. Must be spruce pollen.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

My new rule the last few days- Don't look at a cornfield  between 9 AM and 9 PM. :(
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Cedarman

The rain you guys are getting in Texas and Ok has killed our competitors in the cedar mulch making business.  We got lucky in having an old road bed going through the center of the Rec area where we are grinding trees (Sulphur Ok).  Same road Gene Autry and others rode down when they visited the park.  Hard packed. 

Aaron can only run a few days a week, but enough to keep our customers supplied.
It started raining the day we started cutting last October,  3" on Sunday, the ground was so dry from the drought that we could start cutting the next day.  Been wet ever since.  We have about 2 more weeks to go to finish.  That will probably be the end of the rain.

How many inches of rain have you had TR?

This has been one interesting year.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Texas Ranger

I cannot find totals anywhere, maybe one of the other Texans can come up with it, but one report had it well over 50 inches, in some parts, and our average is around 53 for a year.

TexasTimbers

Hey Tex me and the wife snuck off and holed up in hotels for the weekend in Dallas. That's where I am right now in a Hampton Inn watching the rain pouring down. perfect weekend to get away. Could not have done any outside work anyway.

I think you should have talken a page out of Stevie Ray Vaughn's song titles and called your thread Texas Flood instead of Texas`Rain.

We are heading back in a few hours and I thought about stopping by Cabelo's and buying a two man rubber dingy in case we run into a inundated low spot before we can get the vehicle stooped. Just tie it to the roof of the minivan so we can simply egress the van, ingress the raft, and cast off. We would probably be floating toward the south west so if we need some help stand by you might need to throw us a line as we go floating by . . . . . . . . . .
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Texas Ranger

A friend called me to look at his house for him while he is gone, called from just south of Fort Worth and was worried about the weather, said all the streams up that way were bank to bank, and wondered what was going on down here.  So I told him, went and looked at his place, and gave him the good news.  Still there.

You will have to hit the Trinity to come by my place.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Texas Ranger on June 18, 2007, 12:18:10 AMYou will have to hit the Trinity to come by my place.

We stayed on another day. We aren't staying far from the Trinity. We drove over it several times yesterday in our travels. Isn't raining at the moment and the weather lady says no rain all week. I'll believe it when I don't see it.

limbrat

When do yall plan to slack off on the water coming down the Red, its got the fish pushed way up in the backwater bys and oxbows and there spooky. When the river drops and the current starts coming out of the bys the fish will turn back on. If you could run a little more of it down the Sabine i sure would appreciate it. Thanks Ben
ben

Texas Ranger

Well, we just had our daily inch of rain, along with the DanGest thunder and lightning I have seen/heard in years.  Dan, bring your hip boots.

TexasTimbers

We got it going on too. My boys and me felt the actual shockwave of a bolt that hit in the woods next to us. We were all trying to get through the shop door at the exact same instant in time. It doesn't work.

Texas Ranger

Need bigger doors, smaller helpers, or faster running shoes. 8)

WDH

Oh no, TR.  Say it ain't true :-[.  I don't need to get stuck again........ :-\.  From all the mud over there, I have traipsed a whack of it to Georgia on my boots.  Have to pack them in a plastic bag because of all that mud.

I am coming over next week again, and I don't want to end up floating down the Trinity. whiteflag_smiley
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

And, it wasn't even good and wet when you got stuck, homey.  :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

Quote from: tcsmpsi on June 22, 2007, 07:35:55 AM
And, it wasn't even good and wet when you got stuck, homey.  :D

I beg to differ, Sir.

Y'all need some of this  smiley_sun smiley_sun

tcsmpsi

Oh....you thought that was wet, eh?    ;D

When (if?) we do get any amount that bright stuff, it will be a sauna and these thickets will all become hothouses.  If you stand/sit/lie in one spot very long, something will use you as fodder.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Texas Ranger

smiley_bat_morphOr as a meal, DanG mosquitoes are tough.

Texas Ranger

Dan, this week is heavy rain all week, you may want to rethink your travel agenda.

TexasTimbers

Dan. Come on over. We laid the keel today. We could use help standing up the ribs and attaching the planking.

sawmilllawyer

Kevjay, when are you going to start collecting the animals? Rained every day week here. Usually in the afternoon, on the bright side of things, air conditioner electric should be cheaper than normal.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

WDH

TR,

Since I won't be able to get any work done, maybe you can buy me breakfast on Tuesday morning ;D.

WDH

Kevjay,  I could help with the mast and sails on Wednesday and help you herd animals on Thursday :).

Thank You Sponsors!