iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bow Season

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, October 16, 2008, 10:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Sounds like you had a real good hunt there Jim.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

wannabeonetoo

Had a similar experience as rbhunter,I was sighting-in a couple of rifles at my 200yd. range , after checking my targets I was settling in to send some more downrange when into my scope view steps this "stupid dog" ,then in steps another ??? So I peer over the scope and there's "mama dog too" ::) Turns out "stupid dogs" are "dumb deer" grazing the shooting range :D I was amazed (read shocked),I watched them for a minute or two as they fed and wandered off ,It was pretty neat!
Average "big" bucks arround here are about 200#+.Some 300#ers are shot every year , they are a sight to behold , they dwarf their racks and make the 200#ers look "sorta small" ;) ;).
  I've seen a couple does this season but no bucks yet. I think the rut is way behind this year. Not a rub or scrape to be seen.However some lads are reporting sign today  ;D
  Thats my story.
   Steve

Radar67

I found a scrape on my place this past weekend. The game cam goes up next weekend.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

beenthere

I lost an arrow in a deer today. Will go out in the morning to track her down. Decided to go out about 3:15, and into the stand about 3:30.

Nice doe walked in, and looked up at me in the tree stand. I stared back at full draw until she finally turned broadside, and I was glad to be able to fire the release. Saw her run off with the arrow. Expecting a lung shot. And have a pretty good estimate of her drop zone.

Came back in, for a venison steak dinner  :) :)

I think I'm going to seriously consider that Mathews DXT I looked at last week. Holding the draw on the old Browning Explorer II is getting harder to do at 69, than 30 years ago.  ::) ::)

Stew
Caught this one a few days ago, after leaving a rub on a tree nearby.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Bt I got a DXT earlier this year and really like it. I'd been using a PSE bow that was 20 years old and had been rebuilt a couple of times. A friend showed up with one and I was so impressed that I got one myself. The difference was huge between them, go ahead and spoil yourself a little. ;)

jdtuttle

Yep, get the dxt or wait until next year. There are always new lines coming out that are lighter, faster, more let off. My brother has the DXT and it's sweet. I shoot the Mathews Q2XL and it's nice, but not as sweet.
Have a great day

Thank You Sponsors!