iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On The Hunt

Started by Larry, August 18, 2009, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Last night went to a little auction.  Picked up a disc sander for $37.50, a Delta drill press along with a Delta 24" scroll saw for a friend.  Let a Delta combination table saw and jointer combo escape when the price hit $75.

So the proof.

A made in the 40's 12" disc sander I could not afford if made in the USA today.  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I flip the switch and hear the hum.  Of course I had to buy some new sandpaper discs and will have to replace the cord...in a year or two. ::)

The stuff is out there...and keeps dollars right here in the USA. :)

Off tomorrow for much bigger game...a metal working lathe. ??? :o ;D ;D ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

pineywoods

Good catch.. You can do all sorts of neat things with that sander.  I use mine to sharpen planer blades among other uses. If you run across a 12 inch atlas or craftsman metal lathe, I'm lookin for one. Got a little 6 inch atlas that sometimes just ain't big enuff..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Warbird

Wow, nice find.  Sure would like to find something similar up here for my shop.

Thank You Sponsors!