iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guests

Started by Texas Ranger, September 07, 2001, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I have a small favor to ask. I have friends from Pakistan who are camping their way around the States and Canada. They have asked me if I know where they might be able to go without spending large amounts of money. I said would try my friends and family for accommodations. They travel light
and bring all their own camping gear, and only require a small place to set  up.  I have given them your name and address anyway in anticipation that you won't mind. I have enclosed a picture to help with identification if they turn up. They may bring the green Mercedes or the  white one - sometimes
they use both.

Thanks in advance.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Ok Don,

I'll be lookin' for them.  I've got a plenty of room for them to set up camp for a day or two.  

The mosquitoes aren't too bad yet so they won't even need much repellant.  A shotgun would help if they have small children (#6's work best) and a tether to tie the kids to the ground will afford them the time to determine if the shotgun is needed or if the mosquito can be dispatched with a stick.  A 36" Louisville slugger works pretty good on the smaller ones.

If the rains get much worse the big ones come out and I can't be responsible for their safety then.

The snakes haven't been too bad but are awfully sneaky.  You saw that little one I posted the picture of on the forum. They aren't dangerous at all and give warning, most of the time.  

The moccasins are pretty bad and will get worse as fall approaches, their silent but then they won't wake them at night either.  Tethered children are not able to avoid them very quickly and are in danger of being caught.  If they plan to work odd jobs or shop, perhaps the children should be taken along.

Well..........that might not be a good idea either.  The malls are full of transients this time of the year and I understand that children aren't too safe downtown even with adults.  They could stay down at the dock and fish until the adults got back.  That's an idea. Most of gators I've seen down there lately have been less than 8 feet and you can shake them off before they eat too much.  

OH yeah......maybe not.......there is that 16 foot female gator around the bend and she shows up at the dock now and again looking for dangling feet.

On second thought, maybe they should try somewhere else.  I'd hate for them to have a bad time and get the wrong impression of Florida.

Miami isn't too bad.  There are a lot tourist down there from other countries and I understand most of them are camping too.

CHARLIE

Don, tell 'em to come to Minnesota! 8) 8) Everyone is welcome up here. I suggest they do their camping at a State or National Campground around Embarrass or International Falls. I'm guessing they can be here by January and could camp real cheap through February if they want. They won't have to worry about skeeters at that time either. They will have to keep a wary eye for the black bear, wolves and moose, but they taste as good to us as we do to them. They might want to bring some matches as they'll need a small fire for warmth and maybe a hatchet to chop through the ice for some relaxing fishing. No need to worry about the children wandering off either. They can just wet them down a bit and their clothes will stiffen up enough where they are immobile.;D  AND....if they enjoy themselves, they are welcome to stay as long as they pay their fair share of the taxes.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!