iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A rather graphic, violent game.

Started by Texas Ranger, September 28, 2001, 10:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

I gotta keep remindin' myself never to get into a gun battle with youse guys.:o
 The best I've been able to do was 52,500. >:(  
Of course I've never been able to hit the broadside of a barn with a pistol anyhow.....don't do to well with a shotgun either.....but lemme have a rifle and WATCHOUT! ;D ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Don P

L. Wakefield

Nailguns- I hate nailguns. They are great tools but I am getting so tired of seeing self-inflicted nailgun wounds. They work so well to tack two bones together. And the little wires stay in the wound most every time. And you can count on SOMEONE saying, at some point in the visit, 'shut up or I'll nail your other foot to the floor'. Usually it's the wife or the patient himself..sometimes they come in with the board still attached, but more usually it just goes into the bone and sticks. Bleah! :-X :-X :-X   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Gordon

See the neat thing of it is----They pay me money to shoot a gun!!! At work that is of course. I do rather well at the range with both a pistol and a shotgun. They also trained us on much the same thing as the game.

The only gun I have at the house is a Crossman 760 pellet gun. Suits my needs at the house just fine. Only problem is I'm out of BB's. :D

My average score on the game is about 80,000.

On the subject of nail guns. OUCH, I've run a staple through my hand a few years back. The gun had a defective safety. But that was a small air stapler, makes me cringe just thinking of a nail being run into any part of  my body.

Gordon

Don P

Yup, I know watcha mean. I've gotten to the point I've lost count of the times I've been shot. Mostly by myself, a few by others, had a guy double pump and scratch my watch crystal once, boy was he wide eyed, didn't know whether to run or apologize :D. The strange thing is some folks go into shock when shot. I mean pass right out. Doesn't matter the size or how bad they are. Had one guy that was bigger'n me just crumple to the floor. I've stopped to think about it and you're actually hit by half of a .22. Not horrendous but enough to really wake you up. Makes me ornery for the rest of the day. The glue is a real pain just keeps coming out for months after you've been hit, itches like crazy.

We were on a roof in Bozeman. I was down at the tail end of the fly, or barge rafter and Michelle was at the ridge. Now I don't know if ya'll understand lookout or overhang framing, just isn't something people should have to do. 35 feet in the air and nothing but the wind in your face. Anyway I'm holding the bottom when M. double pumps and the second shot goes right through her thumb. It was the first time she had been shot and I don't know how she'll react. I'm at the other end some moments from her and so I tell her to slide into the building and go down. She replies, "not till I finish nailing this off". She gets to me hands off the gun, and pulls her own nail. :o I've done this on unconscious big guys mind you.   I don't argue too much with the girl.

On another job we were having a "discussion". I was up in  the rafters nailing off some framing and was calling down cuts to her. We had a miscommunication and one board did not arrive. In mid discussion I shot myself. She looked up and said "Don't bleed on the logs". Whenever one of us gets hurt it has become our running joke. :D

I've only been nailed in the bone once. The Doc said it is very similar to wood, in that instead of shattering as I expected, there are enough spaces that a nail just punches through and leaves a hole but no break. That finger was "wierd" in sensation for about a year after.

Bruce

Quite the game.  I can't seem to get past 34000 and then I'm taken out the hostage once or twice.  This game is like my dear hunter game.

Its amazing.
Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!