iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Contest?

Started by Jeff, October 04, 2001, 03:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I was given a great prize today from one of my web clients today to give as a contest prize here. I have to figure out a contest now. Any suggestions?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

1) Subject should concern a tree, some trees, a forest or something related to forestry.
2) Should be something that will require some research even for people in the forestry profession.
3) Could be an essay test of a variety of questions.....or a multiple guess test. Actually, a test might not be a bad     idea.:o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Charlie, exactly right on number 1!  We have fun all the time in here but we always need to remember what this forum is about, at least in my book.  Educating the public and ourselves on forestry, Forest Stewardship, and Forest Sustainability. We need to show our guests that we care very much for our forest resources.

Here is the prize, It's from a company called "Prohood" It's a Hunting/outdoor activities hood. It's a scent lok version with odoor eliminating technology. I built this site quite a whil ago and take care of it for them.  They are the best sporting hood on the market now. They have a patented magnetic earflap system that is exclusive to Prohood. These Scent Lok hoods are around $50 each!

Please check out Prohood
I want this contest to be forestry related and help promote forum participation. We will draw a winner from participants, we will not judge. This contest will be followed by our Christmas contest. I have showed that prize once before, but some of the newer members may have missed it. 18 by 24 framed original oil painting called "Butterfly Stop"

CHARLIE

FANTASTIC PRIZE 8) 8) 8)   It's something that could be worn hunting, or in convenience stores, or in banks or....... ::)    Bring on the questions!  But wait 'cause I'll be working outside all weekend and then starting next Thursday I'll be driving to Florida to check out Tom's bottle of Jack. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

I think it ought to be about southren forestry.  
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

O.K. thats it, no more shooot em up games for you Charles.

Tom

Hmmmmmmm    Southren Farstry sounds good.  I could talk a long time on Long leaf.

Gordon

No disrespect but I do believe that is should be on anything but southern forestry. The reason I say this is that a few of the posters here would be shoe ins.

I'm leaning more towards the eastern central forestry questions. 8) 8)

On the serious side of things it should be a challange for a prize that nice. Reguardless of what contest is picked. We should earn that prize. YUP!

Well Jeff once again the ball is in your court. Your the boss man with the toughest choices. But I know you will do well with this contest as you have in the past with other contests. Can you tell I'm sucking up alittle here, for maybe a better chance at that cool hood. ;D

Gordon

Don P

We just pulled the garden this evening and that hood is looking pretty warm. Killing frost in Blackhawks lands tonite. Just can't think of any good cornfield forestry quizzes. :-/

Ron Wenrich

Maybe it's time to dust off the Millionaire game again.  It can be made as easy or difficult as you like.  Since it's multiple guess, you even have a chance for the ones you don't know.

Those that make it to the million dollar level have their names thrown into a hat.  You can either limit entries or make it multiple.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

That's a good idea. Actually I could probably ge away with only changing a couple questions, I just tried it again and lost! And I put the questions in....

Maybe a new twist though. I'm thinkin....

Texas Ranger

OK, how do you get those smiley things to work.  I tried to get the SEG one on my "southren forestry" and it didn't take. ;D

OK, so it took this time.  *DanG I'm good.

(Embarrassed grin)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry