iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prohood.com contest

Started by Jeff, October 07, 2001, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Win a Hunting and outdoor activity Hood from Prohood valued around $50!

How to enter:

1. First play Forestry Millionaire at the address at the bottom of this message.

2. WIN Forestry Millionaire! (It can be done, just try try try!)

3. Fill out the short form provided when you win.

4. Enter up to 5 times. There are 5 different versions of millionaire. You can enter once for each version you win.

5. One winner will be drawn from all entries on October 20th

6. Visit http://www.prohood.com and thank em for sponsoring our contest!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

:D :D :D Man 5 views and they're all mine. Gotta get out and see more movies.

;D 8) :D :) Whoopee! Might not be the brightest dog...just won't let go of the tire!

CHARLIE

I didn't do so good. :'(
It wasn't the "Forestry" questions that did me in...in most cases...it was the otheruns....:'(
I reckon someone else is going to get to wear that hunting hood around town. :'(
I think I'll go home now.....I'm so distraught and depressed. ::) ;)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Gordon

That was fun. Thanks to google search for bailing me out of some questions I had no idea of.

Like who was the famous diver from Alaska. Or the famous sheep herder from Florida. But the most difficult was the Shortest high jumper to win a metal in the great games. Go figure ;D

Gordon

Jeff

O.k. what the heck is the problem here?  The thing ain't that hard. there are 5 different versions of the thing, which come up at random. Each individual version has the SAME 14 questions each time it comes up. that means that if you just simply write down the correct answer when you get it, the next time you see it you will have it.

14 times 5 that means a total of 70 answers to enter all 5 times. If you want to enter just once, just keep refreshing the page till you get the same batch of questions again. that way you only have to learn 14 to enter.

14 Questions! Thats it! thats all!  Charlie, you can keep track on your toes and still enter!

So far I have two entries and that is it!  (Gordon you did the same version twice, it only counts once :) )  almost 2 hundred  members on this boar and only 2 entries???? :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

swampwhiteoak

After playing this game for a while I have concluded:

It is impossible.  There is no use in trying to win.  There really isn't a prize, Jeff's just toying with everyone.  Do yourself a favor and don't play the game.  Whatever you do, definitely don't win (There's no hope for me winning if I have competition)  ;)

Hey Jeff, I think its Agriculture not Agiculture, but maybe I was taught wrong.  ;D

Jeff

its not only agiculture its also baslom and fur and mebe a couple of othe southern spellings ;)

I could fix it, but am leary about working on it in the middle of somebody playing. I can just see somebody clicking on the corect last answer as I am replacing the file to correct spelling!  But what do you care! you won't need to be playing it now...

And by the way swamp, Your secret is safe with me!

Gordon

Ain't no problem Jeff, I cheated and you busted me thats all. It was worth a try to take the super easy way out. I figured it came up and I already knew the answer to the type of sand at a southern Borneo beach and went for it.8) 8) 8)

I will be doing another round of that game just cuz I like it. Oh that idea to write the correct answer down sure was a smart one as well. :D

To all the other members on this board----DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT try to complete the questions. They are way to difficult to answer. The one about the beach sand I had to call a hotel in Borneo and it was very expensive. That was one of the easy questions. I won't even go into the difficult ones.  :P :P :P

Not to mention the less that enter the better chance I've got.
Gordon

Jeff

CHARLIE

Well, I couldn't even cheat and get anywhere.  I went out to the Yosemite site and it said it was the 1st National Park. So I clicked on it ..... wrong.   I tried again and Yellowstone was the correct answer......hmmmmmm. Wonder why Yosemite is claiming something they ain't.  I'm gonna complain to President Bush about this one.;D Why I can't imagine why our guvment would put out disinformation. :o Then I got to the "How many gallons of sap does it take to make a gallon of syrup?"  I looked at   http://www.mi-maplesyrup.com/howto.html     and it said it takes about 43 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup.  So I clicked on the answer 40-50.  Wrong again.  Of course that was a Michigan site so their information is highly suspect. I'm gonna send them a note and tell them of their error and that they should quit publishing misinformation.;D ;D  Then I'm gonna report them to the Better Business Bureau and to President Bush. :o Oh well, it was fun trying 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Try again Charlie.

I've got it figured out.  It's not what the right answer is....it's what Jeff says the right answer is.

Remember in school  what the teacher said?...you gotta listen to the lecture. :D

I'll bet I can guess what they are before you do. ;D

Jeff

O.K. !  Yellowstone: http://www.yellowstone.net/history.htm

As for Maple syrup: if you found a site that says "to the gallon" how many it takes (43 was it?) then you have found a site that knows nothing.  The answer the question is looking for is clearly an average or it would not list a 10 gallon swing.

It might take 65 gallons cometimes depending on the sugar content, or it may take less then 30.

As far as I know, my questions and answers are accurate. prove to me they are not and I will change them. Maybe... :-*

I used it I used it!!

Jeff

I just want everybody to know that Charlie was able to finally win one! Ahd we did not help him, in fact he may have helped a couple of you by listing the answers in this thread.

I Think the Short bus has now picked Charlie up to take him to Tom's house where he can be looked after for a spell. I am sure the tremendous strain of getting entered will reduce poor Charlie to a pile of pulp on Brother Tom's Sofa for 3 days.

Gordon

Hoooorrrrrrraaaaaayyyyyyy for Charlie.  8) 8) 8) 8)

Was I the only one to get the sand question?  :o

Oh well half of the fun is the challenge.

So who should we pity more Charlie, Tom or Toms wife? ;)

Gordon

Tom

hey, no need to pity Tom's wife.  I have found that she is capable of handling a lot more situations than I ever dreamed I could and living through it......and Charlie and I deserve each other.

If the mosquitoes will retreat a little bit, you will probably find us in the back yard with a Jack and our feet propped up on the fire pit cooking steaks over an Oak and Red Bay fire.  ;D

.........well, maybe hamburgers. :-/

Gordon

Jeff

What's up Gordon??  I said I was DRAWING the winner on the 20th and I did! I didn't say I was going to announce it that day.

Na na na na na NA! I Know somthing you don't know....

Jeff

O.k. Gordo Sorry for the wait, by now you saw the news and Our Winner was Swampwhiteoak!

Way to go Greg!

swampwhiteoak

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I think this is the first thing I ever won in my life.  YAHOO!
I guess my tactics to keep others from playing paid off.

Look out turkeys, you won't know what hit you.  I'll have to wait till spring season, though, our fall season was this weekend only.

Haven't turkey hunted in a couple of years, I guess I need to get the call out and start practicing.
 8) 8) 8) 8)

swampwhiteoak

Hey, I got three trees now.  Only 99 posts to go for 200.

Tom

Congratulations Swampwhiteoak!
No need to pay any attention to those silly rules like beginning and ending seasons.  They were written for the guys that carry a Gun, Rifle or Bow.   All you gotta do is get out your camera, put on your hood (that's so you disappear) and sneak into the woods.

When you come out you might have a picture of a turkey.  

If they won't leave after you take their picture say BANG ! real loud and they'll run to the hills just like hunting season.

Gordon

Jeff that was a pretty good one. To wait us out. My fingers were turning blue because I had them crossed for so long. I couldn't wait any longer, just had to ask who won. :D

But I must and I repeat must say this

-----CONGRATS TO SWAMPWHITEOAK----WAY TO GO GREG.May you get a turkey or even two with that nice prohood. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for another good contest Jeff
Gordon

Don P

Ditto, Congrats Swamp!

Hmmm,we must need a pic of you modelling the prize. ;D

CHARLIE

Congratulations SWAMPWHITEOAK. Have a good time with it. You can wear it to the woods to take pictures. Or, wear it when you go shopping at the 7 & 11. Or, wear it when you go to the bank. :o  I reckon you can wear it dang near anywhere!
 8) 8) 8)
Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!