iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

College football

Started by Texas Ranger, September 14, 2010, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I'm sure he was on the edge of his seat.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nebraska

After yesterday's beating I hope to Michigan and Georgia play at the end...

rusticretreater

James Madison still rolling in the Sun Belt, 5-0.  So far they've knocked off UVA, Troy(Sun Belt West Div Champ last season and fav this season), So. Alabama- #2 team in the west.

They have a very annoying habit of building a big lead and then taking their foot off the gas and letting their opponents catch up.  Four of the victories have been one-score games.

Week off and then Georgia Southern, 4-1 followed by Marshall 4-0.   Its crunch time!!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Raider Bill

Quote from: beenthere on September 30, 2023, 09:40:47 PM
Hope Danny was lookin down at his Dawgs today.  8)
He was sitting there with Tom sipping a beverage cheering.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

quilbilly

Welp the fake dwags, UGA that is, and the real dawgs, UW that is, both have the longest current winning streaks in the nation. I'd love to see a dawg fight in the playoffs, but Pac is having quite a swan song and Georgia looks to have a fairly easy schedule going to get to the SEC championship
a man is strongest on his knees

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

JD Guy

Well, unfortunately it's going to be a "yawner" year for Clemson :(.

Nebraska

Alabama/Auburn was quite a finish.  Nebraska will be sitting home watching  bowls as usual.....Watching Kstate/Iowa state play in the snow.  :) Loved playing in the snow in high-school.

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

rusticretreater

Meanwhile in JMU land, it is a time of great excitement.  They are barred from post season participation for two years due to transition rules governing teams moving from FCS to FBS competition.

For both seasons of the transition they have won the Sun Belt East and are not allowed to play in the conference championship game.  This season they beat both teams that are in the title game, are 11-1 and ranked #24 right now.

The only way they are allowed post season play is if there aren't enough of teams who have six qualifying wins to fill all the bowl game spots.  41 bowl games, 82 spots.  There ended up being three available spots.  So the news reports are that JMU will get its first ever bowl game.  Now the hype train is talking about the New Years Six bowl games, one of which features Group of 5 teams.  Liberty(12-0) and JMU(11-1) are the two top teams.

Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

JD Guy

Well, after a pretty ugly start to the season my Clemson Tigers finished on a high note beating the chickens 8). At least we're bowl eligible  :)

Texas Ranger

My, oh, my!  The University of Texas!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

customsawyer

When I grow up I want to be a fired college football coach.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nebraska

quilbilly

Clemson is my southern team. I try to choose a team from each conference. All the realignment is making that hard but Clemson is my ACC and southern team
a man is strongest on his knees

nativewolf

Quote from: JD Guy on November 27, 2023, 07:57:36 PM
Well, after a pretty ugly start to the season my Clemson Tigers finished on a high note beating the chickens 8). At least we're bowl eligible  :)
Dabo fired a few people, when you go .500 against NC State over the last 4 years but spent twice as much as recruited at a much higher level (part of the spend)...you should win another game or two.  This year that game was not actually close.  Ended up tied for 7th place in the conf.  
Losing Venables has really hurt Dabo.  Before Venables Dabo looked like a good coach, with him great coach, after him...well a pretty decent coach.  
Liking Walnut

JD Guy

Quote from: nativewolf on December 02, 2023, 05:19:28 AM
Quote from: JD Guy on November 27, 2023, 07:57:36 PM
Well, after a pretty ugly start to the season my Clemson Tigers finished on a high note beating the chickens 8). At least we're bowl eligible  :)
Dabo fired a few people, when you go .500 against NC State over the last 4 years but spent twice as much as recruited at a much higher level (part of the spend)...you should win another game or two.  This year that game was not actually close.  Ended up tied for 7th place in the conf.  
Losing Venables has really hurt Dabo.  Before Venables Dabo looked like a good coach, with him great coach, after him...well a pretty decent coach.  
No question that the Venables replacement hasn't measured up (IMHO) with the previous team's defenses. I'm still a Dabo supporter and believe in his approach with the players. He is loyal to his staff perhaps to a fault, wanting to promote from within. The games lost were primarily mental errors mostly fumbles and takeaways while in the red zone. He is reluctant to use the transfer portal to improve key positions and this goes back to his commitment to his previous recruits but in today's highly competitive environment it puts the team at a bit of a disadvantage. Agree with your assessment.

RichTired

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

SEC Champions....

27 - 24 victory over the Georgia Bulldogs.

8)
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Walnut Beast

Big time shake up! Alabama! YH is smiling!

Playoff picture is getting very interesting! 

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

YellowHammer

This is not a repeated post....but.....

Roll Tide!!!!
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

rusticretreater

From the early loss and tepid wins, folks calling for Sabans head to conference champ and knocking off number 1.  Helluva ride.

JMU is going to its first bowl game ever.  The Coach celebrates by bolting for Indiana University and the Big Ten. He is also taking three coaches with him.  And then our QB says he is entering the transfer portal.  I think the knucklehead believes he is NFL caliber and needs another school.

Ain't big time football fun!
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

YellowHammer

Not that I care about college football...

College Playoff Selection Committe standings -
1. Michigan 
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

Alabama is in the Playoffs!  Yeah Baby.
YellowHammerisms:

RichTired

The BEST four teams made the playoffs.

I'm hoping for a Bama-Texas rematch in Houston January 8th for the Championship!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

jmouton

Thank You Sponsors!