iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the times

Started by woodmills1, November 13, 2001, 06:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

most of my relatives are getting anxious and nervous about these times we are in.  i try not to play into them, and say we americans are good at dealing with adversity.  we need to keep getting the work done and enjoying our freedom.  what is your take? ;)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Pretty much the same as yours.  

I find that there are a lot of people who are just looking for something to worry about, a bunch more who look for an excuse to lambaste our current elected officials,  a great many who allow the Television Media to guide them down a road to doomsday and a bunch who are veterans or patriots who are free thinkers and who would stand shoulder to shoulder to defend this country and our government from aggression, both foreign and domestic.

Whimpering in the wings and being negative about defensive decisions made by the Government of the United States in a time of conflict does nothing to better our Freedom.

Corley5

Life goes on.  I'm not losing any sleep.  The things that have happened are terrible but if we let it bother us to such an extent that we change the way we go about our lives then they are winning.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberbeast

Where the heck is my axe???

CHARLIE

I support getting rid of those scumbag terrorist cowards and make them pay for what they've done.

I think the U.S. Government has done an excellent job so far destroying those that threaten our freedom.

I'm glad our armed forces are bombing the hell out of the retreating Taliban army. I don't want them to stop until they and Bin Ladin's terrorest groups are annilated.  

I support helping get the Afghanistan people back on their feet once the Taliban and terrorist in Afganistan are destroyed.  Feed them, medicate them, give them shelter and educate them.

I'm thankful for the British who stood by our side immediately, no questions asked.  

I detest the media for making mountains out of molehills just to get a story. They should just report the news and not analyze it or sensationalize it.

I detest the, quote "Peace Lovers" unquote, who protested when our nation retaliated for the September 11th massacre. These people don't support our nation's freedom, they just enjoy the freedom it gives them.

I am amazed at what the terrorist action and the hyped up media reports have done to our nations infrastructure. The businesses that are going under because of it.

While I'm not panicing, I do think we owe it to our nation and families to be careful what we do and be watchful and vigilant because I don't think those B$%#&@% are done yet. I don't hold it against anyone for being careful in their mode of travel or what they choose to do or not do.

We are a nation of one and must stand together against that which threatens our existance and our beliefs.  

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ron Wenrich

I haven't really let it bother me in the least.  I figure I'm pretty far down the chain of people that terrorists want to get.  There's bigger fish to fry.

I do live close to a couple of nifty targets, most notably Three Mile Island.  It is situated close to an airport, so it has been built stronger than most in this country.  Besides, I don't think anyone is going to use a plane again.

I believe if there are anymore attacks, they are mainly going to be bombs.  Tunnels, airports, bridges, stadiums.  A place with high exposure.

As for information, both sides are painting with a wide brush.  I listen to both sides, then form an opinion somewhere in the middle.  I've learned to distrust government information.  They are always trying to cover their backside.  Media is often giving contrarian opinion.  

What I do find troubling is how quickly we will give up our civil liberties, for some limited security.  They are going to use tribunals instead of courts for some trials.  Hasn't been used since before the Civil war.  The removal of habeus corpus.  You can sit in jail without being charged.  This could be the biggest casualty of the WTC disaster.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

L. Wakefield

Bombs- I'm not happy about bombs. I keep looking at big tractor-trailer trucks and thinking they are just about the right size to have a nasty load. They had 2 parked at the mall the other day and I wanted to go over there and check them out. Didn't do it- don't have a leg to stand on. I just wish I had that ole x-ray vision. Come in hady in the mergency room too :D :D       lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

RavioliKid

I am not worrying about anything specifically, although I must admit that times are anxiety-producing.

I figure that we will go on doing what we do just as long as we can. If I am done in by some act of terrorism, well, we all have to go sometime.

RavioliKid

Tom

With the Taleban trying to arrange surrender to save their "fight to the last" hides and Ben Laden holed up in a cave with cannons pointed in its mouth we are fast arriving at the completion of the first battle against terrorism in this world.  Zealots who think that blowing themselves up in a public place will have their governments to contend with as well as the USA now because the USA is on a mission.  As our President said, "you are with us, or against us" and their are countries who have protected terrorists who should have and are having second thoughts.  The ball is rolling, The train has left the station.  Those not aboard had best try to wave it down and join up or get run over.  

I am proud to be an American.

Bibbyman

There was a notion being spread in the last election by some cultural elite that G.W. didn't have the intelligence to be president.  Well,  I've known a lot of intelligent people in my life.  Many were intelligent beyond normal function.  I appreciate a simple man myself.

Some say we should "understand" these terrorist and religious zealots.  I think after 911,  many of us understand them perfectly – they are trying to kill us.

Me too Tom!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

John_Boisselier

As far as the terrorists go, what we really need is a way of removing the reward structure from the whole thing for them.  ( Lets face reality, and realize that some people are just anarchists and destructive to their core and nothing will stop them.)  These muslim extremists believe that they are going to paradise for killing unbelievers, and get to enjoy 7, 70, or 270 virgins for eternity.  My question is are they perpetual virgins, or do you always have a fresh supply or what.  What with all the perpetually unhappy and (given some of these folks personalities) probably unwilling  women It doesn't matter how many you are talking about, eternity is a very long time and it sounds more and more like hell to me not paradise.  Back to the subject at hand.  I remember reading somewhere that one of the major governments in that part of the world ( I think the Ottoman Empire or the Turkomens) took care of these kind of problems by promising ( and carrying through on that promise ) to bury any of certain classes of criminals with a muslim background wrapped up in pig skins because Allah apparently wouldn't let them in with unclean clothes on.  If that is the case, I think that we could promise the same thing to all terrorists.  Shucks, we could maybe go one better than the Ottomans (although they liked to bury them alive this way if they could catch them without killing them ).  We could let them float in perpetuity in one of these modern hog manure ponds that american farmers have.  Allah would never get the stench out.  
I'm not the radical, The Terrorists are.  I'm just saying why re-invent the wheel.  If it worked for the Ottomans with their own people, Why not use it ourselves against foreign invaders.
The Woodsman

DanG

I'm just a dumb ol' country boy, but I may have thought of the final solution to this whole, stinking mess. We need to overthrow EVERY government in the entire "Middle East," and place new governments in power. All of these new governments should be controlled entirely by women who are native to the particular country they are ruling. If we did this, and enforced it with our own military might for a period of ten or twenty years, there would be no more fighting, or terrorism in that region for the forseeable future. I seriously doubt if Islam, itself, would survive more than a couple of years.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!