iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by ripsaw, December 19, 2001, 05:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripsaw

:D Hello all, I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robert Spoor and I work for Lipke Sawmill Inc. located in the metropolis of Harrietta, Mich :D
I have worked around the mill since 1989, started pulling boards on the greenchain, ran debarker and loader, learned grade and became a sawyer and now im out buying timber. So as ya see....got a little experience in the sawmill biz. So thats about it. Oh.....if any of ya know anyone with logs for sale in the  northern mich area I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks

Jeff

Welcome Robert. You should check out www.timberbuyer.net because lipke Sawmill is not a member!  

Try any search engine and type in Michigan loggers or  try just timber buyers or timberbuyer and The Michigan Timberbuyers site will come up and probably be number 1.

If your sawmill is not listed your missing out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

welcome to the forestry forum, Robert.  Hope you make this stop often, we always need some more knowledge.  Might could help keep us in line too.  We tend to wind these threads way off subject on occasion. :D

Jeff

Tom

Jeff

Must be some pidgeon floridian english in there I aint picken up on :D

Jeff

Ok I fugured out part of it. I need to know the difference between wind (blow) and wind (twist) duh me

Tom

yeah, that's wind as in Wyend yer watch and stop as in stop by here.

My English teacher Aunt would be giving me dirty looks about now.  She's a stickler for proper communication and hates sentences ending in prepositions.

This durn English we use in America sure has a lot of words that spell and sound the same but mean something different.  There is a bunch that sound the same but are spelled different and mean different things............not to mention the ones that are spelled different, sound different and mean different things too. :-/ :-/

Ron Scott

Robert,
I've known Lipke's Sawmill for some time and I know Harrieta well.  We sold them a lot of Manistee National Forest timber when I was the Cadillac District Ranger back in the late 60's- early 70's. Lipke's Sawmill is on my bidders list for hardwood sales. I'll have a good oak, pine, and aspen sale going out right after the first of the year. It's located just down the highway from you south of Garlet's Corner off H-37, the Piotrowski 80 acres.
~Ron

ripsaw

Hi Ron,
           Glad to see a local person on here. Be sure to send us a prospectus for the sale down the road. I'll have to go down there and check it out. I missed out on the Harris bid there in Antioch twp. I discovered the sale through the TimberSource website and I was going to contact you about it,but unfortunately I was Involved in and auto accident a day after I learned of the sale and was laid up for a few months. But I,im back at it now. (Got outta the sawyers cab for a while anyway lol). Tom is my father in law and I have hopes of taking over the business in the future. So please send any jobs you have to bid on our way and I hope we may be able to someday meet face to face. Till then......see you in the forums

Robert Spoor

timberbeast

Welcome,  Ripsaw!!
Where the heck is my axe???

Ron Scott

Robert,
Will do. Fahl's Forest Products, Mancelona bought the Harris Sale. Some of the better Black Cherry in the area. Maybe you can work out some log procurements with them.
~Ron

ripsaw

Ron,
       Thanks for the info. :)

Thank You Sponsors!