iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fall is in the Air

Started by Radar67, September 04, 2012, 12:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Last year I dug up a few spider lilies at Magicman's cabin. I had all but forgot them until yesterday, they were starting to bloom. First thought was of the day a MM's place, then the old wives tale of 8 weeks to frost when the spider lilies bloom. Looks like we may get an early fall and winter this year.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Magicman

Cute isn't it ??  Well the Spider Lillies that is.

I wondered where my bucket went.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Fall is in the air alright!

The Red Squirrels are cutting nuts from my Black Walnut tree already!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mark Wentzell

There was a frost warning here, up north a ways a few nights ago.

tcsmpsi

:D     101 degrees here, today and expected the next few days. 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Warbird

It's in the air here, too!  I'm predicting an early winter here, possibly with lots of snow.  It was our coolest summer in a long time, had lots of rain very late, and when the cloud cover dissipates, it frosts at night already.

blackfoot griz

It hit 26 degrees twice last week here. Sunflowers--toast. Morning Glories-toast.

Peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers in the hoophouse down, but not quite out!

SwampDonkey

Never been below 50 F at night here, today was in the low 80's. The leaves are turning though, but not bright colors, a lot of brown on the leaves. Dry summer.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sprucegum

The high bush cranberries (Pembina) are starting to stink up the woods  8) I like them but the wife holds her nose  :D

thecfarm

I went into town to sell some veggies. Right by the river. I could of used a sweat shirt just sitting there. Rain was coming in too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

davch00

I'm starting to get a few pumpkins out of the garden already. I guess the heat helped them to come off a little early.

Highs are in the upper 90's here..but Saturday they are calling for a high of 76. I'm more than ready for mid 70's. 
I've always heard it said about this area "if you don't like the weather hang around a few days, it will change."

beenthere

dave
Where is "here" ??

Maybe update your bio, and we'd have a general idea.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Picked some hot peppers I planted from seed in the garden. They were thin and green and rough textured.  They were pretty strong hot. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

davch00

My "here" is southeast Missouri

hardtailjohn

Been down to 23 once and 24 a couple mornings here in NW MT!  I love it!!!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

blackfoot griz

Quote from: hardtailjohn on September 06, 2012, 12:10:13 AM
Been down to 23 once and 24 a couple mornings here in NW MT!  I love it!!!
John
Another sign Fall is in the air.

I couldn't sleep last night so I sat out in the cool night on my front porch. There was just enough of a moon to see some large shapes out in the field moving about. A few chirps, then the bugle. Then another one off in the distance. Just love the sound of a bull elk tooting his horn. Tis the season!

hardtailjohn

They've been quiet here so far... usually they're right out the door on the meadows... but there's so much feed that they really haven't needed to come down this far yet..... I do love to hear them!!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Thank You Sponsors!