iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An Introduction

Started by Tillaway, January 01, 2002, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

Good to Meet you all.

I'm the new guy that stumbled in if you didn't notice the sudden draft. I am currently working for some consulting foresters out of Redding, CA.   My back ground is about 20 years working throughout the Western most states (Including Alaska and B.C.) cruising timber, setting up timber sales, doing forest inventory, Logging systems analysis and just about everything else including some falling.  Currently I get to try to interpret California's harvest practices rules, which are so bad as not to be wished on anybody.  ::)  

I gather most of the folks here are from the Eastern part of the US?  I am looking forward to contributing a little if I find a topic I might know something about.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Kevin

Welcome to the Buyers Gang Till.
The boss is away so you can pretty much do what ever you want here.  :D

Frank_Pender

Welcome, Tillaway.   I am happy there is another from the
West Coast.  I am from Dallas, Oregon.   I operate a  small one man sawmill operation on my Tree Farm.  8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

RavioliKid

Welcome, Tillaway!

I am a third grade teacher in Michigan who happens to love trees and forests and stuff like that there.

I have cousins - actually, my mother's cousins - who live in Redding. I was there once about 20 years ago. What a beautiful area!

I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute. Pull up a stump and join in the fun!

:D
RavioliKid

Tillaway

Hey Frank,

I'm a recently transplanted Oregonian, everybody moved up there so I moved down here to take advantage of all the cheap real estate. 8)  I lived in Florence for about 11 years after moving there from Milton- Freewater.  I guess your out numbered here huh. ;D

Bill Johnson

Welcome Tillaway

Another point of view is always good to have
Bill

Jeff

Welcome!
Tillaway, don't let these folks overwhelm ya, most of em are harmless.

KEVIN,  I'M BACK.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Welcome Tillaway! 8)  I'm a retired offloader for a guy that owns a portable mill. I offloaded for 2 solid days for him and then retired and went back to my desk job. ;D

I hang around this Forum 'cause of all the nice people and I can use all the edumacatin' I can get about Forestry and sawmills. :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Hey, Tillaway. Welcome aboard the board board. :D   Jeff has given us a great place to share information, and enjoy good company.

Charlie, did you get a pension when you retired from your off-bearing career?  Does he send you a can of peas every month?  Next time you come south, aim a little further to the west. Considering your experience, I'm willing to up the ante to peas with carrots, and I'll even provide a second-hand plastic spoon from Wendy's. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Gordon

Shoot Tillaway, come in shut the door and have a seat so we can share some knowledge, stories or whatever. ;D ;D

As you will quickly find out it's a pretty low key bunch here that's very easy to get along with. It's a good mix of people that post here from around not only the U.S.A. but from the world. So it doesn't matter where your from;;;shoot or even what you can bring to the table---ya see they let me post here. :) so the boss isn't too picky.  ;D

But I think what really adds to the knowledge base of the forum is the varied occupations of the members.--------Hay I just got an idea,,,,,,if you click in the upper left hand corner of the page on guess what-----Knowledge base------you might just be able to add a few posts there as well.

Better be careful, cuz unless he is fakin the, boss is back. ;) But Kevin is the only one who really worries about that. No disrespect Jeff, but were you gone?

Looking forward to your posts
Gordon

Kevin

Hey Jeff;
Welcome back, I was just warning the new guy about not trying to get away with anything while you were gone.
I made sure there was no monkey business going on while you were gone.  ;D

timberbeast

Welcome aboard,  tillaway!!  I'd like to hear a perspective from California.  Don't be shy!
Where the heck is my axe???

Frank_Pender

Even if it is, from the West, huh, Bill J. :D
Frank Pender

Tillaway

Hey thanks for the warm welcome.  I've had only a little time to snoop around here so I'm still exploring.  Hey
Frank.. I'll watch your back... so doe these Eastern guy's get a little unruly? ;) ;D  

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

allyson

Welcome Tillaway,

This board could always use a fresh perspective, even if it comes from someone on the LEFT coast. ;D

Again welcome,
Billy

Frank_Pender

Way tooooo many bandsaws,  is all!    :'( :'( :'(     :D :D
Frank Pender

DanG

Don't worry about all those bandsaws, Frank. If all these guys had MD's, we'd have to call this the DESERTFORUM!   ;D ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!