The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Difference in Woodweb and The Forestry Forum  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Bud Man

• "MAKE EM HAPPY WHILE YOU MAKE A BUCK & EN
    • Share Post
Re: Difference in Woodweb and The Forestry Forum
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2002, 07:52:06 PM »
Respondee's==Thanks for your imput !!Some of your imput has made  utilizing this unique forum easier!!   I too think this forum is more personal and I think that is what made me post this topic as a new topic. If I had added it to an  old thread- do you think it would have had this type of responce???(Doubt It)   Don't really think the pyramids need rebuilding and I was'nt making a motion for any sort of vote.    Seems like because it's more personal-- there's more responces to a few topics as Charlie alluded to, and as Bibbyman mentioned --If more people would participate theird be more subjects to talk about and The Forestry Forum would be more rewarding for everyone!!!!   Keep On Keeping On Folks (and participate)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Offline psychotic1

• Full Member x2
  • Earth First   We'll log the other planets later
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2002, 09:50:50 PM »
I found this place a month ago while I was idly looking to compare different kinds of sawmills.  I knew then that it would be most of a year if not longer till I could get one, but I wanted to look anyway.  After searching around and deciding on which mill I wanted, I asked both here and over on WW what people thought of them, and if anyone had one.  Well, over there I got exactly two responses.  One was to buy a woodmizer because it was the only good mill out there, and the other only wanted to harp on the difference between the kerf of the chain mill I wanted and the band mill..
While I admit, the amount of information about the logosol wasn't exactly overwhelming from here either.  I was immediately welcomed and treated as one of the group.  This place has allowed me to learn an awful lot of info I would have had to get the hard way (by breaking things) and to have a good laugh doing it.  As to the format, well, I always figured "whatever works" and this works well enough for me.

Bruce
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

Offline Papa Dave

• Full Member x2
  • It is great to be alive today
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 07:37:10 AM »
Jeff, I will put my two cents into the pot,too.

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO TO MAKE THIS A GREAT FORMUM FOR EVERYONE.

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2002, 11:03:08 AM »
Gee, I hope we didn't run ol' BudMan off with all our vociferous comments.  I think he was just probing for input, and he really got some. :D

One more thing that I think makes this forum great, is the opportunity to personalize the messages, through the member profile. That makes a fella feel like he really belongs here, IMHO.

DanG
Full Member {TWEE TWEES}
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline Bud Man

• "MAKE EM HAPPY WHILE YOU MAKE A BUCK & EN
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2002, 08:59:55 PM »
DanG== I'm pretty thick skinned & old knees don't allow a lot of running.  But being a personal forum--I've learned you'se guys take things personal too !!   Will work on carefully wording things to keep yall's blood pressure down.   Also might change name to:KOBLONAVITCHSTEINSMITHSTONEROLLER to make yall work harder to personalize those VOCIFEROUS remarks.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Offline CHARLIE

• Senior Member x2
  • Don't wait 'til both feet are in hot water before you decide to put your best foot forward.
    • Share Post
    • Coulee Region Woodturners
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2002, 09:21:27 PM »
Well, I ain't heard nary a thing 'bout this menshuned so....here goes. I gots me a Forestry.Net hat 8) 8)  Didn't get no hat frum Woodweb :( Didn't get me no hat frum Wood Forum :( Didn't get me no hat frum Da Oaks :(  But I gots me a hat frum here though 8) 8) DanG nice hat too! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Offline Papa Dave

• Full Member x2
  • It is great to be alive today
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2002, 07:39:10 AM »
Charlie, there you go, done got me to thinking about getting my hat again.  I want my hat. ;D ;D

You know this is America and we are supposed to be the Land of the Free.  So, it would seem that if someone wants to be here, that is ok and if they want to be at -------------(the other place)then that is ok too. ::)

I plan to be here until Jeff runs me off. 8)

Offline Tom

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
    • Toms Saw
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2002, 05:44:24 PM »
Vociferous?  That's a cool word KOBLONAVITCHSTEINSMITHSTONEROLLER I'm going to have to look for a place to use it.  "Vociferous",  sounds good, kinda rolls off of the tongue,  means instant outcry,  I like it.

:D I like your new name too  :D KOBLONAVITCHSTEINSMITHSTONEROLLER,  :D but I sure would hate to have to type it too many times.  Hmmmm, maybe I need another handle too. something to the effect of There'llstillbetreeswhenI'mputinthegroundsowhytrytocutthemallnow.  How's that for a handle?  You and me could go sit on the corner and have a cool one while they type that up...eh? (that's canadian.  I learned it from Kevin) :D
extinct

Offline Kevin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2002, 06:49:35 PM »
Tom, I`m glad to see you`re adding the ? after the eh, eh?

Offline L. Wakefield

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2002, 07:04:35 PM »
   Canadian dogs say 'woof, eh?' And for a movie classic- the Mackenzie Bros. 'Strange Brew'. Take off, you hosers! :D :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Forestry Forum forestry website directory

Started by Jeff on Technical Support Topics

20 Replies
Last post January 26, 2002, 04:54:44 PM
by Gordon
xx
Forestry Forum

Started by Grampa_Joe on General Board

12 Replies
Last post June 22, 2003, 07:33:56 PM
by Grampa_Joe