iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NFL Playoffs 2013-2014

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 04, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My hat's off to the Indy Colts for an exciting game on a cold, boring Saturday.
28 points down and they came back to win against K.C. WOW!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

The Miami Dolphins could have done that if we had a whole new team, coaching staff and ownership. ;)

Kcwoodbutcher

Wasn't all that exciting for me, but all in all a very entertaining game. Chiefs did much better than I expected considering all the injuries.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 04, 2014, 08:49:40 PM
The Miami Dolphins could have done that if we had a whole new team, coaching staff and ownership. ;)

IF....... :D

You can always move to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay.  ;D

pigman

Glenn, you left out the fans.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Sonofman

Or you could move to Charlotte, the Panthers have done really well this season. Cam Newton is turning into a great Quarterback. Of course, Rock Hill is just over the SC line from Charlotte, so that would put you into Dave's territory.
Located due west of Due West.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I keep the door locked.  ;D

Mooseherder

Quote from: pigman on January 04, 2014, 09:10:00 PM
Glenn, you left out the fans.

Our Cheerleaders did good.  They can come back next year.

Left Coast Chris

49ers against the Packers is going to be a good one.  The cold is going to be a factor.  Frozen fields feel like concrete to play on.  It is going to be unpredictable.   

Rogers played his Jr College ball at Butte college only an hour to the south of us.   I am a die hard 49er fan but the Packers are next in line.  Too bad both can't go to the big game. 
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

SLawyer Dave

I remember watching Aaron Rogers play in High School, (he played for the cross-town rivals).  He was good, but man, never saw how good he was going to be.  I was really hoping that the 49ers were going to take Aaron Rogers when he was in the draft.  Alas, they chose Alex Smith instead, and while a capable quarterback, he will never be an elite quarterback.

I think it is going to be very difficult for the 49ers to win this game.  Not only the weather and that they are on the road, but this would be their 4th win in a row over the Packers in the last 18 months, (2 on the road and 2 at home).  That is a level of dominance that is very hard to achieve in the NFL.  Even the hated Sea Hawks lose when they come to Candlestick.  So I will be extremely happy if the 49ers win, but won't be surprised if they don't.

Warbird

I take full credit for the Colts' comeback.  We tuned into the game right when they were 28 points down.  They proceeded to get 2 TD's and never looked back.  They were just waiting for the Mrs and I to show up.  LOL ;D

clww

Good to see the Eagles go home. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red oaks lumber

if you want to know what catching a frozen football feels like, put your hands in the freezer for ten minutes. run quickly outside and have someone throw a piece of firewood at you real fast as you try to catch it. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

Packers game will have to be a brutal one!  And it looks like the fans are plenty ready,  this is old school football at its best,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Warbird on January 05, 2014, 04:38:08 AM
I take full credit for the Colts' comeback.  We tuned into the game right when they were 28 points down.  They proceeded to get 2 TD's and never looked back.  They were just waiting for the Mrs and I to show up.  LOL ;D

:D

JSwigga

Quote from: clww on January 05, 2014, 04:56:21 AM
Good to see the Eagles go home. :D

It was sad to see my Eagles go home?  :'( :'( :'(   
I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs so it was a nice surprise that they went from worst to first.
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

clww

My three favorite teams:
1-Redskins
2-Any team playing the Cowboys
3-Any team playing the Eagles
:D :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

RynSmith

Quote from: SLawyer Dave on January 05, 2014, 02:11:13 AM
Even the hated Sea Hawks lose when they come to Candlestick.

Don't hate, Dave, it's bad for the blood pressure.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on January 05, 2014, 10:47:56 AM
My favorite team:

Any team playing the Eagles
:D :D :D

Looks like you'll be a Carolina Panther's fan next week.  ;D
Come on by for some WANGS and THANGS and watch the Eagles get their wings clipped.  :D

JSwigga

Their wings already got clipped.  Eagles lost to the saints.  :-(   they're out.   

As a redskins fan do you think you're better off with RG3 or Cousins? 
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JSwigga on January 05, 2014, 11:22:30 AM
Their wings already got clipped.  Eagles lost to the saints.  :-(   they're out.   

As a redskins fan do you think you're better off with RG3 or Cousins?

You are right JSwigga.....Panthers will probably play the Saints......I wasn't thinking.....as usual.  :D
I hope they play the Saints again....we'll have to wait.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

RG3 went back to soon, almost a waste in my opinion.  I feel like he should have waited, he looked tentative when he came back, haven't seen enough of Cousins to make a call on that.    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2014, 11:32:05 AM
Go Packers! Win!
Jeff, I would appreciate it if at some point in the game you find something to do and not watch, last time you left your pick won,  just saying its only weird if it don't work,   GO PACKERS!    david 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2014, 11:32:05 AM
Go Packers! Win!

Unless I heard wrong, the wind chill factor will be -30°.

How can ANY team win or lose in this weather?  :D This is brutal!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!