iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NFL Playoffs 2013-2014

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 04, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Quote from: chain on January 20, 2014, 03:34:28 PM
More sour grapes...Pat Coach Belichick accuses Bronco's Welker of cheap shot to hurt his CB Talis and put him out of game.....they wear pads don't they?

Don't listen to anything Belicheat says. That's how he taught Welker to run that pick play anyway.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

drobertson

Missed the interview with Sherman, kinda glad I did from what I heard, surely there is much trash talk we don't get to hear, still struggling with the fact that my ribs were bout scarfed down before I got off the phone, my bad, thanks goodness for Old Wisconsin aged beef!  I have two weeks to prepare for another round of something and a good Super Bowl,  No pic on the game, but pulling for the Broncos!     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Warbird

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Oh Warbird...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Warbird

Den Socling

So I'm watching the Pro game and wondering. How do they play with team mates from opposing teams without giving up their playbook?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think the game is a joke anyway. They're just filling in a gap before the Super Bowl.

Den Socling

Raider Bill

Here's a British rugby announcer calling a American football game. Funny

http://biggeekdad.com/2014/01/british-nfl-commentary/
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Warbird

Haha!!  "Oh!  A man from prison has come onto the field!  What's he got to say?"  LOL

beenthere

I feel this way too.

Superbowl  Sunday  From a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan: (may or may not be true)
Quote"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event:  save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts.  Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten - straight up, no styling, no screeching.   "Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the  world.  Don't make them cringe with your very self-centered ego gratification.  Sing it as if you are standing before a row of WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and  flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love - not because you want them to think you are a super-super star musician.   They could see that from your costume,  makeup and your large entourage.  Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner'  with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America, not you.   We're getting a little weary of your own rendition.  Francis Scott Key does not need any help."      Semper Fi !
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Amen! 8)

Who will be singing it this year ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I have often stated the same sentiment.  When the National Anthem is sung, they are not entertaining.  A responsibility has been placed in their voices to honor the song that they are singing and the Country that they are singing to.  It should be done correctly and respectfully.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Here's my vote for the singing of the national anthem.  From my perspective, they do it properly.

This was done at the NASCAR races on several occasions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9mgYI1KKI

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

RynSmith

Quote from: clww on January 29, 2014, 03:16:49 PM
Who will be singing it this year ???

Renee Fleming, opera singer.  I'm curious to hear how she sings it - I agree with others, leave out the personalized 'yodelling' (as I call it) and sing it straight!

clww

Won't be much longer to wait. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

beenthere

Did Denver send their A team?
Or will they show up the second half?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ken

Quote from: redbeard on February 02, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
What a game!

That should read.  "What a lopsided game"  I was certainly hoping for something much closer
Lots of toys for working in the bush

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on February 02, 2014, 07:42:24 PM
Did Denver send their A team?
Or will they show up the second half?

Well THAT IS one of Denver's talents....come backs.

But the Dog on Jay Leno did pick Seattle to win.  :D

thecfarm

Might be a come back!!!!!!

EDIT-BIG EDIT I hit post and heard touch down,Seattle
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

I hoped Seattle would make a game of it and maybe even win. Sure didn't expect this. :o Manning hit for a record number of completions in a Super Bowl and came up with one lousy touch down. Have to give the Hawks D their due, they made all the difference.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

petefrom bearswamp

I was rooting for the old guy, but all he did was set another meaningless record.
What a whupping.
Seattle brought their a game and Denver was about a c-
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Wick

Seattle put the pressure on Peyton. That was the difference. When they played the Pats, I don't think they laid a finger on him.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Thank You Sponsors!