iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helloo Helloo!

Started by Jeff, January 27, 2018, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I could have started this topic in the outdoor board.  I could have started it in the food board. I thought it might be most appropriate to start it here.  I just returned home after a 16 hour marathon drive from the land of Magic Bucks and Southern Hospitality!  I spent the last week with the Magicman at his storied cabin visitin and eating and visitin and huntin and eating and eating huntin and visitin. Miss Pat was also there couple of times to make this a most enjoyable trip.  :)   

And yes, there is a story to the topic title.... ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

justallan1

You know this post is going to require pictures, right? 8)

Magicman

Who is this guy that showed up in a red sleigh truck bearing gifts??

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

Was someone's belly button talking to you?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Banjo picker

One of these days as you are going to or returning from the land of Magic Bucks you could stop by the tallest mountain in Mississippi  (806 feet.   ;) ;) :D :D) and see the Banjo land.  I am retiring from the state job in 2 months and planning on doing a little visiting myself.  Hope you enjoyed your visit down south.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

I consider this a mission trip. Wildflower had heard that her dear friends in the south were possibly freezing, so she went into action, and sent me to deliver the relief packages.  There was snow the entire 1066 miles.

Bricklayer51

Was there a jar of pickled bologna in with the goodies?

Holmes

Jeff and Magicman, you my friends are making me smile.
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

No, but i found out the issue there. I had given lynn an off brand jar. I never tasted it before hand. Wildflower loves pickled baloney and she told me she tried the jar we had, and that it SUCKS! So, there is still a shot at winning the south over with pickled baloney.

Texas Ranger

One would think that pickled baloney was right up there with GRITS as far as FF food goes.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

I found out that no matter his presence here on the FF, and no matter how large he/you think he is:

He ain't bigger than the Mississippi River.  Of course as with everything there is also a hidden story behind him crossing the Mighty Mississippi and adding Louisiana to his "traveled to" list.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

WHEW!  I sure am glad you got there in time, looks like everyone still has all their digits and nothings been lost to frost bite!  :)  I know better than to ask if everyone had a good time  ;).

Darrel

Glad a good time was had.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Actually these pictures were taken before the digits and good times happened.   :D

Jeff

This was supper day one. GUMBO! Lawdy it was good!

Jeff

Oh! And we ate on this most of the week. Mardi Gras King Cake!

Darrel

The cake looks like it's very tasty! 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

sandhills

Ok folks so we'll put this in order:
1. Eatin', visitin'
2. Maybe huntin'
3. More eatin'/visitin'
4. Nap time
5. More eatin'/visitin'
6. Maybe more huntin'
7. More eatin'/visitin
Anywhere's close to right?  :D ;D

Grizzly

:D :D  Possibly one more naptime in there somewhere, but it looked pretty close to me!!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

I actually think we only took a nap one day.  We were in the woods A LOT  We hunted long mornings and afternoon until dark every day other than Monday morning due to a pretty intense electrical storm.  That was the day that Magicman took us for a drive. I mentioned that I had never been in Louisiana, and since it's close that was the goal.  On the way, I got a text from Kitty, asking if I had recieved the box of hats I had purchased.  I texted her back that I wasn't home, but Tammy had informed me that they did indeed arrive.   My daughter Stacy was also texting me wanting to know what I had seen so far, or if I had any luck.  We texted back and forth a bit as Lynn and I approached the bridge crossing at Natchez Mississippi to Vidalia Louisiana.  We decided we both needed a restroom stop, so we would gross over to Louisiana, find a restroom, then head back to Mississippi.  So of course, I sent Stacy a quick text saying I was "Going to Louisiana Just To Urinate".

We crossed over and found a Walmart, did what we needed to do, and started back.  I was waiting for a smart alec reply back from Stacy, when I got a reply back from Kitty after I told her we had the hats.  Her text simply said "Well, all-righty-then!"
We crossed back over and I mentioned to Lynn, that I was surprised not to have gotten a smart rely from Stacy as she lives for that stuff.  I checked my messages, nope, nothing. Then it dawned on me.  I went and looked.  OH NO!!!   Out of the Blue, I had told Kitty I was going to Louisiana Just to Urinate!  The "Well, all-righty-then!" text was in reply to that!!  Oh Man..  Anudder embarrassing moment. Those of you that are familiar with the Forestry Forum know that it wasn't my first. Just ask Kevin from Logrite!

Here is a picture of the bridge, as well as a picture of something I found most interesting in Natchez. Some extremely old Crepe Myrtle trees that had their roots completely filling the place along the old street where they grew.

Magicman

Natchez is one of the very earliest settlements in Mississippi:   Natchez

BigZ La

You picked the wrong place to visit in Louisiana, the food is much better south  :D

Jeff

Magicman

We did hunt a bit. 

Here is our setup the first morning overlooking Spring Hollow.  This is the exact location where Jeff got his Magic Buck last year.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I believe I would have taken a Magic Chair.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!