iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loggers and eco-activists clash/ Vancouver Island

Started by Riwaka, May 07, 2021, 05:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riwaka

Logging crew and eco-activists clash on Vancouver Island.

The logging crew could take note of how the Australian loggers are being told to deal with handle activists who arrive on their logging sites.
This is likely to be a growing problem for loggers every where regardless of what they are cutting.

Forestry industry coming to the defence of loggers seen in video clashing with activists | CTV News

The eco-activists need to be wised up to the science. "theconversation.com/there-arent-enough-trees-in-the-world-to-offset-societys-carbon-emissions-and-there-never-will-be-15" Bronnie Waring - UK scientist 2021.

mike_belben

The protestors are following a "community organizer" format to antagonize the loggers and record the result so as to defame them as brutes and whatnot.  If anyone got beat up youd see 5 other cel phone views of it all over the place.   

Ignore the snowflakes.  Theyve been trained to bait you to action.
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

The recent Australian 'battles' between the eco-activists and the loggers have mainly been reported through facebook accounts.

Pretty difficult for the Australian loggers to keep their cool for reasons like turning up to work to find someone has chained themselves to the loader, or chained themselves to the tree you were going to start the buncher's work day on or some more people up in tree sits etc. All with phone cameras pointed in your direction for every move or sound you make. 

The Tasmanian battle - March 2021 summary.
Tasmania has a long history of environmental activism, and there's no end in sight - ABC News

barbender

My favorite story along these lines, which I cannot confirm- a grizzled ol' Finnish Ponsse harvester was confronted with an Eco-activist who had chained himself to a tree in a timber harvest. So the ol' operator just grabbed the stem up about 10', cut the tree off and processed it like he would any other tree that had a major defect at 6'. And went on with his day😂😂 I wish I had a video!
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

It is a common problem. The activists have no idea what or who they are protesting but it is a familiar script perpetuated by the Sierra Club and their cronies who have never seen a logging operation.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moodnacreek

The natural resources of North America is where our strength comes from. Just look at how we prepared for ww 2. Perhaps massive clear cuts and heavy erosion would be bad but we have been cutting trees for a long time now and darned if they don't grow back. The real problems the protesters have no knowledge of. 

dustintheblood

We all go home to our wood-framed houses, and wipe our rear-ends with toilet paper ---- even the activists.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Otis1

I've often said that I don't plan on wiping with plastic anytime soon. 

Some people don't/ won't understand what most forestry professionals are all about. I could rant, but instead I will provide an example of how we are helping natural resources more than they know. 

I am currently contract marking a USFS timber sale (Sugar Maple/ Northern Hardwoods). Well the other day I saw a huge hawk land in a tree.  I thought cool, until I noticed the stick nest right next to it. OK shut it down, get a biologist. Was a Red-Shouldered hawk, needs a 30 acre buffer. Whatever, 20 some less acres I've got to mark. 

Turns out that they tend to move they're nests into harvested areas afterwards because the hunting is easier. Funny how this works.

moodnacreek

And bald eagles are starting to nest in cities.

Wudman

I look forward to the day that some idiot chains themselves to a piece of equipment in the southern US.  Between the fire ant hills on a 10x10 grid, the mosquitos, ticks, redbugs, deer flies, and 100+ degree weather, they would have a pretty tough day rather quickly.  The fire ants would really handle the situation quickly.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

mike_belben

"activism" is a route for small "radical" groups to get into governing the majority without actually being popular with the majority.  it takes publicity and momentum.  and a plan to use that publicity correctly.  id love to give details of many prior successful movements but that would get political.

the eco-warriors arent doing anything new, its a carbon copy of other movement activities, adjusted for their cause.  save trees by clashing with loggers.  make loggers unpopular with the people so that the people demand govt steps in and stops loggers.  lawmakers are prostitutes for re-election, we can all agree on that right?

so you can put on a clown suit, rile up a police dog, walk right into it and get bitten for a photo op then claim police brutality against clowns. or you can chain yourself to a skidder and claim youre staying until they quit logging, get punched by a logger on camera and then claim loggers are brutal against tree lovers.

due to instantaneous, viral, global publication of any phone camera... the world stage has become available to anyone, and is evolved into a system of credits and discredits.  discredit fodder can be generated on cue by instigating, provoking and antagonizing people who have no idea they are being instigated, provoked or antagonized.  

if you want to fight this type of warrior, you simply turn on your camera, stay calm, ignore their bait and start antagonizing them back with their own weapons.  call out and expose their tactics. tell them their plan of provoking you to doing something foolish on camera isnt going to work.  remain completely calm is #1.  ask them who orchestrated their operation, what school they got trained at etc etc.  theyll want to get unchained before they become the laughing stock of their movement who gave away the play book.
Praise The Lord

Kodiakmac

Quote from: dustintheblood on May 08, 2021, 09:34:38 PM
We all go home to our wood-framed houses, and wipe our rear-ends with toilet paper ---- even the activists.
Bingo!  There's either an incredible hypocrisy or a stunning degree of stupidity at work here.  
I never tire of pointing out to the urban greenies who have all sorts of ideas for my rural land, that the plot of land their home sits on used to be either field or forest - and a truly committed eco-warrior would set a wonderful example by bulldozing it down and returning the land to its natural state.  
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Riwaka

sawguy21

It is a constant problem here. The eco radicals continue to block logging operations on Vancouver Island and get the publicity they want by being arrested. Apparently some Hollywood attention seekers who have never seen the area let alone a forestry operation are getting into the act.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Nebraska

Yes but oh the likes and the followers they get with such exposure.  May be I will get more commercial work if I get arrested on camera. 

John Mc

Quote from: Wudman on May 11, 2021, 09:19:33 AM
I look forward to the day that some idiot chains themselves to a piece of equipment in the southern US.  Between the fire ant hills on a 10x10 grid, the mosquitos, ticks, redbugs, deer flies, and 100+ degree weather, they would have a pretty tough day rather quickly.  The fire ants would really handle the situation quickly.

Wudman
I wonder if any of the loggers have explained that they are here to restore fire ant habitat... and perhaps brought along a supply to be reintroduced into the wild.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

sealark37

When these commie "activists" defund the police, who will care if the skidder runs over a few of them?

KEC

The radical activists who protest against logging are cut from the same cloth as those who oppose fur and trapping. They care little about trees, forests or wildlife. They just want a grand excuse for their inexcusable, nasty behavior towards other people. And they seek their 15 minutes of fame. Much as this a cause of constirnation for us, many educated people are coming to understand that we need forest products and wildlife management. Unfortunately, those people with an abundance of ignorance can vote and influence lawmakers.

HemlockKing

Quote from: dustintheblood on May 08, 2021, 09:34:38 PM
Just brainwashed people itching for a cause. Time well spent. You only live once, best be spent spouting ignorance right? Headlines taught me everything etc. 
A1

HemlockKing

We had some people in NS who were complaining about the highways being cleared of brush off to the side??? They wanted them to leave trees growing to the shoulder. Never mind seeing deer or anything that might jump out. Who needs a field of vision right? 

We need those cut for our safety, obviously they hadn't brainstormed much as to why it was being cut though. 
A1

btulloh

I doubt that brains are a factor with those people that.  
HM126

Riwaka

CNN the pellet mills, Europeans who require energy and southern communities who live too close to industrial sites.

Solutions? 

How the American South is paying the price for Europe's 'green' energy

mike_belben

"Environmental Racism" is all i need to see to dismiss this as CNN looking for new ways to provoke and antagonize americans toward the same civil strife they always have.  Divide and conquer. 
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on July 10, 2021, 10:57:51 PM
"Environmental Racism" is all i need to see to dismiss this as CNN looking for new ways to provoke and antagonize americans toward the same civil strife they always have.  Divide and conquer.
Ah yes, the manufactured racism to distract us from the fact it's really the haves vs the have nots.
A1

Thank You Sponsors!