4 days on practice
we cut product today
The lovely mrs wood kath

she is still a little tentative
but

she cuts, she gets it, it works

I can't wait till she has more tha 3000 bd ft udner HER belt

pictures at eleven
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

34 reads no response HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

WDH

Waiting for the pictures at eleven  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodmills1

well at least that was a response   not much though

LeeB

I think it's a little after 10:000 your time. Better get cracking with those pics.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

brdmkr

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Dan_Shade

you shoulda talked with bibby before turning your wife loose on the mill!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

fishpharmer

Hey I think thats a great thing woodmills.  My wife is still trying to figure out what that big green thing out front and all them logs are for.  ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bandmiller2

Woody,you've been demoted from sawyer to offbearer.Really its nice for a wife to take an intrest in something that means so much to you,some girls are sports and some will even clean fish.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

zopi

Welcome to the wonderful world of offbearing.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Chuck White

woodmills1
I think it's great when the couple get involved in sawing!
Sheila likes to saw, but she figures she is a little to slow and will cost production!  Says she'd rather off-bear!
Tell the mrs to just hang in there, I'm sure she'll be a fine sawyer!
Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bibbyman

I read the post 3-4 times and couldn't come up with a response.   :-\

How's that?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

I responded, and he did not think much of my response :).

It will be interesting to see what the response is to your non-response.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: woodmills1 on July 27, 2009, 09:45:25 PM
34 reads no response HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Quote from: WDH on July 27, 2009, 09:47:09 PM
Waiting for the pictures at eleven  :).

I was personally waiting for the English version
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JayG

I think it's great! I don't have a mill (my BIL does), but my wife is very supporting in all I do! She will let me know (in a loving way) when I've headed done the wrong road(done it a bunch of times). Cool!

Sprucegum

The 386 members who want to see a girl cutting lumber may be still reading the next line  ;)  :D

When my wife comes out to the mill I just hope she's packing lunch.

T Red

My wife has no interest.

I'm just curious why some of your wives like to saw. 

Especially Bibbyman, is it becuse she wants production and takes control or does she just like doing it. 

I don't mean to highjack the tread, will continue waiting on the pictures. 
Tim

Dana

I took it to be that the mill is the girl that can cut.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Ernie

My wife says, when I am looking for something,  "You can look straight at it and not see it"  How did I miss the pictures? ???

Did you put them in someone else's gallery, your last addition was July 16th ::)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

Quote from: Dana on July 28, 2009, 02:42:02 PM
I took it to be that the mill is the girl that can cut.

I wasn't sure either, thereby the wait for the pictures at eleven.  You have to be careful here.  It is OK to call a sawmill a girl, but it is not OK to call a girl a sawmill, at least not in this part of the country :).

Bibbyman

Well,  I'm just as confused as ever.  Is it a mill or a woman?  Arky has his "Wanda".

Mary is not the only lady sawyer.  I know of a few more.  ElectrcAl's wife Linda saws.  I know of two women that run their own mills.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

Quote from: Bibbyman on July 28, 2009, 04:54:10 PM
Well,  I'm just as confused as ever.  Is it a mill or a woman?  Arky has his "Wanda".

You have got me wondering :).

beenthere

Woodmills1 mentioned a while ago he was hoping his wife would get interested in sawing. Maybe it happened.  ??? ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

Yes, the lovely Kath is learning to run the mill.  I haven't been demoted, I have a good and valued employee who just happens to be on my heath insurance plan.

I meant to take a picture of the first order she finished but we were both so tired, so after we looked at a cut job in Nashua, we went out for dinner

She cut 132 4x4x8 pine, for our continous dunnage job and half an order for 16/8 foot fence boards

MAN(yes I yelled) I ama likin this
pictures(maybe) tomorrow just before the steel company picks up the dunnage

are we faster together  ................not yet
will we be..................O   O   yes, is it fun  O  O  yes, does it pay the bills O   O yes

BUff wife next 8)

Thank You Sponsors!