iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

adjustment of lt 40 woodmizer throttle selenoid

Started by NC Woodworker, January 25, 2015, 08:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC Woodworker

:new_year:  I have two problems with my Lt 40 Wood-Mizer  sawmill.  One, the throttle does not rib the engine up with the switch is turned up to saw the blade.  I changed the selenoid about 6 months ago but now have the same problem.  Can an adjustment of the selenoid be made?  If so, how?  Second, the width carriage will not adjust or go back from the wide setting that I used it on yesterday. Thanks so much for the help, and time.
Fred B. Moretz

Magicman

Good Morning NC Woodworker, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  My sawmill uses a throttle cable that tightens when the motor pivots.

My blade guide arm  moves in and out by a motor driven sprocket and chain.  Sometimes the sprocket pin can shear.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

MartyParsons

Hello,
Yes the solenoid can and should be adjusted.  There should of been papers with the new solenoid and the adjustment procedure is in the engine manual. There is two windings on the solenoid a pull in and a hold which draws much less amps. The solenoid will fail premature if it is working on pull in constantly.
They also can bind if not in alignment.
I would assume the second question is referring to the clamp? I am not sure. Need more info.
Thanks
Hope this helps.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!