iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What about this tractor deal

Started by livemusic, August 30, 2020, 01:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livemusic

The Kubota deal is 0 down and 0% for five years. To me, seems that they or the dealer should provide a discount to a cash buyer since they don't have to provide free financing. Time is money.

Whoever asked... I would do routine maintenance and easy fixes as far as maintenance goes. My brother and I. Neither is expert but we grew up on a farm.
~~~
Bill

btulloh

Like all deals, it comes down to your particular evaluation.  Is it the exact tractor you want?  Is the equipment package what you'd buy if you were making a deal with the dealer?  How does it stack up against dealer offers and other brands?  

IF it was what I was looking for, I'd like the $8k savings personally.  I don't consider the one year less warranty to be a big factor.  I wouldn't call that a lot of hours and I would still look at as a new tractor.  That's just me though.  I prefer to pay cash for something like this (cars too FWIW).  There's a case to be made for financing though, just depends on how you like to do things.

The details certainly have to be taken care of with Kubota finance and getting clear ownership.  I would think a call to Kubota Finance could help clear that up as to the best way to proceed.  Tractors aren't titled here, but there would be a UCC filing that has to be taken care of.  Kubota finance may even offer a way to take over payments on the existing loan, if that would be desirable.  Best to ask them about all this.  

It might take eight hours of your time to deal with the details, but you'd be making $1k an hour for your time presumably.  That's a pretty good pay rate, and there's no taxes on money saved.

Good luck with it no matter how you proceed.  Sounds like you're in the market for a new tractor one way or the other.  I could use a new tractor myself.  I'll just settle for new-tractor envy right now.
HM126

btulloh

Quote from: livemusic on September 01, 2020, 08:06:19 AM
The Kubota deal is 0 down and 0% for five years. To me, seems that they or the dealer should provide a discount to a cash buyer since they don't have to provide free financing. Time is money.

Whoever asked... I would do routine maintenance and easy fixes as far as maintenance goes. My brother and I. Neither is expert but we grew up on a farm.
Maybe, but I found that car dealers are just the opposite.  They get something for going the finance route, even at 0%.  Free financing, like free shipping - it isn't really free. 
I kinda think the same way you do about getting a discount for cash, but it seems my thinking is a bit antiquated.
HM126

nativewolf

I'd finance it and keep your powder dry, 0 down is 0 down.   You know exactly what has been done or not and in a few years the warranty might be helpful.

The second best option, in my opinion, is to do as @Southside suggests and go get the generic tractor made in the same factory as the NH/Case, etc.  Going to be a fine tractor, new, and cheaper if you are determined to pay cash.  

Frankly I hate to deal with situations like kubota finance/owner etc.  But that's  me.  
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

How much sales or excise tax do u save on the used machine?
Praise The Lord

livemusic

I think I will have to pay sales/use tax on new or used. In my state, we are supposed to pay a use tax for something bought out of state. Used package is in Texas, I am in Louisiana. My understanding is that the state is getting clever in "catching" people not declaring use taxes on stuff. For instance, when I title the trailer, they would know about the trailer. But they would not know about the tractor and equipment so easily but they might still catch somebody not declaring it on their tax return.

I didn't know LS tractors have a good reputation. Will look into that. The nice thing about buying new is you can get exactly what you want. Whatever this seller has in his package is okay or maybe even fine but I might choose this and that a bit differently.

EDIT: I think the use tax is same as sales tax. Total sales tax here is 10%. Ouch. State is 4.45% and I know you have to pay them use tax. I dunno if use tax also is due county/city. (Parish is what counties are called here.) Yes, I hate paying sales tax. Say, that brings up a question I have long had... This seller paid sales tax when he bought new. I will pay when I buy it used. If I sell it, that buyer would pay sales tax? Is it never-ending taxes on goods sold, no matter how many times? If so, what a racket.
~~~
Bill

Southside

Could you get an agricultural use tax exemption? Not sure what the laws are there but from the sounds of it your land and it's use might fit into that box.  Worth looking into that option.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

livemusic

Quote from: Southside on September 01, 2020, 09:20:57 AM
Could you get an agricultural use tax exemption? Not sure what the laws are there but from the sounds of it your land and it's use might fit into that box.  Worth looking into that option.  
I did look into it, appears to me it would need to be a 'manufacturing' designation, not farm, for what I do. You have to have income. For me that would be firewood. I dunno if any hay cutters would even fool with seven acres if I got it hayable. After looking into it, seemed quite a hassle. And then I'd have to file reports, which I detest.
~~~
Bill

Southside

Plenty of 7 acre fields rented for every crop one can imagine.  The key will be how close the land is to the farmers next field.  
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Corley5

No sales tax on ag and industrial processing in Mi.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

curved-wood

It is worth checking if it is really 0%. On my ATV I had to pay aroung $1500 MORE if I pay cash !!! Yes MORE. The dealer told me : it is the $$ returning from the bank to him if he could get me to sign a contract.  Same thing with the pick-up $500 rebate if I finance with them. But sometimes there is a rebate if you pay cash so it is not really 0% interest. If the give $1000 rebate if you pay cash, this means that if you finance even at 0% you are still paying $1000 more. What I am trying to say is we have to ask all the questions about what is really the price and the conditions ....could be surprising

livemusic

Wow, John Deere has zero-zero for 84 months and the package prices seem pretty amazing compared to this used Kubota package.

Here is what appears to be a close/same horsepower equivalent to the Kubota in this thread...

John Deere 3038E - 37hp 4wd tractor
  • John Deere Loader
  • 6-ft Frontier Rotary Cutter
  • 6-ft Frontier Box Blade
  • 20-ft Trailer
  • All Fees & Insurance for the term
  • No Cost, 6-Year Powertrain Warranty**
  • FREE Load Retention Package Includes: 2 chains, 2 binders and 2 ratchet straps.

$339 for 84 months = $28,476
(doesn't include taxes)

I don't know if there are any gotchas there.

What I don't understand is here is another JD package...

$349 for 84 months = $29,316

John Deere 3043D - 43hp 4x4 tractor
  • John Deere Loader
  • 5-ft Frontier Rotary Cutter
  • 5-ft Frontier Box Blade
  • 16-ft Trailer
  • All fees & insurance for the term
  • No Cost, 6-Year Powertrain Warranty**
  • FREE Load Retention Package Includes: 2 chains, 2 binders and 2 ratchet straps.

I don't understand why they have 6 ft cutter and 6 ft box blade on the smaller tractor and 5 ft cutter and 5 ft box blade on the one with more hp.

Nice thing is about this is I need a box blade and I do not need a hay spear. The used Kubota package has a hay spear but no box blade. I also would prefer to have 43hp rather than 37hp.

I just noticed that the second JD package above is a 16 ft trailer and the first JD package has a 20 ft trailer, same as the Kubota used package. Def need 20 ft.
~~~
Bill

btulloh

Interesting. Buying stuff ain't easy when you get down to the details!  You've got some homework to do. 

43 hp is better than 37 in my book. Details?!

20 ft trailer is way better than 16ft. I have a 16ft and I found out it's ALMOST long enough. Looking forward to trading it for a 20 ft. 

Keep digging!
HM126

mike_belben

Maybe they send you home with the 6ft blade so you come back in and buy the tractor thatll pull it.   ;D
Praise The Lord

btulloh

The kubota is bigger, heavier, longer wheelbase, hst (jd is manual trans).

Apples and oranges. All depends on wants and needs. 

Personally I'd be looking at full size, a few more hours maybe. Something out of the m series kubota or similar. 
HM126

btulloh

As always, we love spending other members' money.  :D
HM126

livemusic

Quote from: btulloh on September 01, 2020, 12:34:24 PM
The kubota is bigger, heavier, longer wheelbase, hst (jd is manual trans)...
Yep, you're right, it is. Hmmm...
~~~
Bill

PoginyHill

When I was looking at JD and Kubota, I chose Kubota because of more front axle clearance (front bevel gears instead of U-joints on the wheels), higher front driveshaft (higher differential), and universal skid steer FEL. JD has its own FEL attachment, so you need a conversion attachment or buy only JD front end attachments.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

mike_belben

The JD exclusive quicktach would turn me right off.  
Praise The Lord

TroyC

TYM is the parent company in Korea that make complete units or components for other brands. Kioti is an example of a TYM, I think LS is also. Look on a Mahindra loader arm, metal plate says Mfd in Korea by TYM. The different brands have different standard equipment. Rural King put a lot of bells and whistles on theirs, Kioti not so much.
Mine is HST, glad I got that. These little tractors are tough. My friend with a Kubota says he wished he had looked at TYM. 
The TYM uses a Yanmar diesel, Kubota and Mahindra I think make their own.

mike_belben

Who do you get parts from for a rural king tractor?
Praise The Lord

Southside

Tractor Supply, duh.... :D. Sorry Mike, could not resist.  ;D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Hilltop366

It use to be Kioti tractors were made by Daedong Industrial, that also made tractors for Bobcat, maybe that has changed?

......perhaps you were thinking of Branson, it was purchased by TYM.

I think Branson has tier 4 tractors without def or regen.

BargeMonkey

Everyone says how bad NY is and then I read this paying tax on AG equipment.... 😆 
 Right now the way things are if your spending hard CASH you should be able to score some wicked private deals, have you looked on tractor house ? That Deere deal it's all included, insurance for the term, the way I would go. Like a couple of other guys said, go more HP if you can justify it, 30-35hp isnt really enough if you plan to do alot of work, I think 45-50hp is just right on a smaller tractor. 

TroyC

I think Daedong makes some of the diesel engines, not sure they make the whole tractor. 
About the parts-Rural King has a decent inventory. The parts also can be TYM parts. I looked the numbers up and I think the Rural King and TYM numbers were close or the same. Rural King puts their graphics on their tractors but they are TYM tractors.
My TYM has regeneration but no def. I think Kubota did not have regen on the 38 hp size. 
I think my FEL is rated about 2200, the rear 3 point about 2600 or so. It will lift a decent size tree onto the mill. HST, 4 wd, hydraulics, R4 tires, 6 yr transferrable warranty. Big buck bang!

Thank You Sponsors!