iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What about this tractor deal

Started by livemusic, August 30, 2020, 01:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamarackman

I did extensive research before buying my little compact tractor and learned of the cross-pollination between the various Korean, Japanese, US manufacturers. This is what I know about the compacts and sub-compact tractors.

Daedong is the parent company of Kioti tractors. They sell a full range of tractors in NA. They also make the Bobcat range of compact and sub-compact tractors. The Bobcats however come with a different loader (made by Woods I think). Daedong also made parts for Kubota back in the 90s however they had a falling out which led to a court settlement.

LS made most of the Montana branded tractors before they decided to exit the market.

TYM makes their own tractor as well as some of the Montana tractors and a number of Mahindra's.

Kubota is Kubota - that's it. No rebranding or supplier deals.

LS makes all the New Hollands under 90HP'ish with Mitsubishi engines.

Yanmar makes all of the JD compacts and sub-compacts with a different loader supplier depending on the model.

Itseki makes the compacts and sub-compacts MFs however Itseki doesn't have a Tier 4 engine (that I know of). I think they also use Mitsubishi engines for the bigger compacts models.  

Daedong (Kioti), LS, and TYM are South Korean and Yanmar, Itseki, and Kubota are Japanese.

I own a Kioti CK20s which is Daedong's response in late 2008-09 to Kubota's and MFs sub-compact tractors. Daedongs was kinda caught with their pants down without a sub-compact frame so they replaced the engine of the ck27 with a smaller HP engine. I essentially have a ck27/30 with a smaller displacement engine.

mike_belben

Kiotis are assembled just east of raleigh nc.. I think it was wendell.  It adds about $500 per unit to truck to east TN.  Pretty sure they have a texas assembly site too.  Further u get from there the more the transport youll pay.  

Kubota has an assembly plant in atlanta
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Pic shows maybe 1/5th of it.  Ive been in some pretty epic plants.  And pretty epic backyards with that truck.  
Praise The Lord

tamarackman

Quote from: mike_belben on September 04, 2020, 11:37:28 PMKiotis are assembled just east of raleigh nc.. I think it was wendell.  It adds about $500 per unit to truck to east TN.  Pretty sure they have a texas assembly site too.  Further u get from there the more the transport youll pay.  

Kubota has an assembly plant in atlanta
Very cool. I think LS also has an assembly plant in NC (Battleboro).
A member private messaged me about my info about JD tractors being made by Yanmar. I did a bit more research as my post was based on what I could gather before buying my little Kioti tractor some years ago. Many of the recent JD are not wholly made by Yanmar. Most of the JDs still have Yanmar engines and drive trains however the chassis and other bits probably come from other suppliers.
I believe sub-compact Club Cadets are made by Yanmar but don't take it to the bank.
I think the exact contents of the secret herbs and spices when it comes to compact and sub-compact tractors is an ever evolving recipe.
Thank you

mike_belben

Who makes branson? 

Saw a dealer ad for a brand new 4x4 37hp cummins diesel with loader. $23k, "100% financing available."
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Kukje machinery been in biz since 68. South Korea. 168 dealerships in US and Canada. Many choices now days 😂

Walnut Beast

I thought it was interesting that ASV Holdings that obviously builds ASV loaders has been owned by Yanmar since September 2019

tamarackman

Quote from: mike_belben on September 05, 2020, 11:29:22 PM
Who makes branson?

Saw a dealer ad for a brand new 4x4 37hp cummins diesel with loader. $23k, "100% financing available."
I think Kukje made Branson tractor however TYM reportedly bought Kukje in 2016. So I'm not sure anymore. I also forgot to add that Kukje also made JD branded tractor for a while. If you search for the tractors fandom website, they have a relatively comprehensive list of who makes what.
I'll also note that I couldn't find any info on who made the JD 4000 series tractors from the late 90s/ early 2000s.

samandothers

Looked at John Deere in 07 when I bought the 42 hp Kubota.  The hood was plastic and the unique quick attach was a turn off for me.  I had great service from mine.  I priced new at 3 dealers before deciding.  I did go with the 0% it made sense for me at the time. No regrets.

Nathan4104

Very interesting learning about the ebb and flow of the tractor market and who's makin who and who's cheating who!! 

I'd say if you're going to buy new, the brand is likely less important than the dealer support and $ you're willing to spend.  You may as well have a decent dealer nearby for that 'just in case' repair, or late afternoon filter/part.  
My father bought a Branson. He's getting good use from it.  No regen on it to worry about, but it's a simple machine. I bought a used M series Kubota. Overkill for me by it's nice and easily does what I need it to do.
Good luck in your search/research!!

Thank You Sponsors!