iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Demo day - Dynamic's Cone-Head chipper

Started by Bibbyman, June 28, 2006, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I've got to admit that I don't know nothing about chippers but I always thought they'd be a fun way of working out your frustrations.

Our neighbor Joe Akers works for a tree removal company as a mechanic.  They have recently acquired some new chippers.  They have been so impressed by these chippers that they've became a dealer for the state of Missouri.  Well, today Joe drops by with one in tow to give us a demo.

As I've said, I know nothing about chippers but this sure looks like a well designed and built machine.   One thing unique to this chipper is the cutting head.   The knifes are mounted on two opposing cone shapes that make up the head.  Dynamic Manufacturing makes claims that the cone shape naturally draws the material to the center and has a better shearing action.  The say it's 21% to 63% more efficient than other designs.

We chipped up about a half dozen old sycamore logs that had be spalting around for about 5 years.  It hogged them right through.

This one was a model 510 that looks to be right in the middle of their model range.  It had a John Deere engine but Joe said they could be ordered with CAT or other engines.  The feed opening on this one was 18" tall by 28" wide and can be had with engines from 125 hp to 170. They make 8 models from 90hp to 300hp.  They are built right in Jeff's back yard in Weidman, MI. 

Dynamic Manufacturing Corp

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Cedarman

I have heard that a good sawyer has a good chipper or wood hog close by. Mistakes quickly disappear.  Looks like it could make those old crooked logs disappear too.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Burlkraft

One of my customers has one of these chippers. They work great  ;D ;D

I had them do a little clean up around the business and I watched them feed a 40' green cottonwood log through it with a skid loader......It was nuthin' but chips in the back of the truck in no time :o :o
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!