here is the link to the article.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07209/805034-47.stm

third paragraph from the bottom
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banjo picker

They must have been very nice , because when i took a load of cants to the pallet mill last week , there sat a bundle of about 1000 bf of walnut.  I wish I could have bought them and brought them home with me.  I wish I would have at least made an offer.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

DR_Buck

Just about everyday on my commute home  I see tree service trucks coming out of the D.C. area loaded with walnut and cherry (as well as other species) up to 30" diameter.   All cut to nice firewood sized pieces ready for splitting.      :'(

I occasionally get calls to see if I want a tree or two.  But they're usually still standing and I don't cut anything down.  Way to much risk for me.    I just turned down 6 100' hickory trees that were being taken down in D.C.  by a tree service.  To far to go to get them, no local market for hickory, and I HATE TO SAW HICKORY !

This past weekend I made the rounds starting to collect all the down trees given to me over the past two or three months.  Came home with two 8' 24" diameter maple, one 17' 28" red oak,  and two 10' poplar logs.  I still have four 7'6" 24" diameter cherry, about twelve 12' 14" diameter ERC, a pile of large 12' poplar and one huge 5' diameter maple to pick up.   All for free except for the cherry.  That cost me 25ยข bf.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!