iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My TimberKing 1220 arrived today!!!

Started by Mesquite Man, November 07, 2002, 10:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesquite Man

Well guys,

It is finally here, my new mill.  This is the first mill i have ever owned or even operated.  It was delivered and set up by 1:30 this afternoon.  After a quick lunch, I was off to sawing.  My very first log sawn was a 12" Eastern Red Cedar 6' long.  I now have a nice little pile of 4/4 ERC boards.  Pretty cool.

Next I decided to try my hand at a short Mesquite I had.  It was 14" x 5', nice and straight.  Man the saw just breezed right through it just like butter.  I figured since Mesquite is so hard i might have a hard time cutting it.  Not so.  

I then went on to mill a 7" x 9' Ossage Orange log.  Supposed to be on of the hardest woods in North America.  No problem at all!

So all in all, my first day sawing I made a nice little pile of ERC, Mesquite, and Bodark.  I am addicted.  Sawing is every bit as fun as I anticipated!

Curtis
"Mesquite Man"
Curtis O. Seebeck
TimberKing 1220

sawyerkirk

I'll never forget the day I brought my woodmizer home, it was used, but I had grown up on a big old meadows mill, so it was still an awesome experience. I still get that old feeling when I buy a new box of blades. I saw pretty much everyday, and still love it! Gonna save your very first flitch? Tack it up in the kitchen or somewhere very noticable!

Fla._Deadheader

Alright, Curtis !!  Have fun with yer new mill and be careful. Gonna post pitchers ??  Good luck,  Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Yes, you're hooked,just like the rest of us 8)

Enjoy!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

RMay

Sitruc sawing is quiet addicted . Sounds like you got the milling bug . The cure is to saw a few logs a day . Have Fun 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

OneWithWood

Way to go Curtis 8)
Keep makin' that sawdust 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Noble_Ma

Scott_R

Noble, you need to proofread before posting. It is spelled tool not toy. My wife has trouble with that spelling also. Scott

Noble_Ma

No Scott, I meant toy.  They just get bigger as you get older.

OneWithWood

Scott,
Noble_Ma is correct.  My wife refers to these specialty tools as 'Big Boy Toys' ;D
She knows I will never grow up, just get bigger toys :D :D 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bibbyman

I helped WM do a demo at a large horse and mule auction in the dead of winter.  We didn't get much traffic because of the weather - temperatures from low teens to just above freezing and a constant wind with intermittent sleet, snow or rain.  

Had this one young Amish man stop by a couple of times one day and then again the next.  Didn't look like he was over 20.  He was a logger and he cut and skidded his logs out to a landing spot and then buyers would come in and bid on the lot.  He figured if he had a Wood-Mizer mill, he could knock the grade lumber off the best logs and sell the re-saw cants to his brother that built pallets.  Sounded like a good plan to me.

A couple of hours before the horse and mule auction ended,  he came back around for another visit.  This time he brought his wife with him.  He says "Hon,  I just wanted to show you what I had in mind getting."  She looked all of 16 but you didn't need any translation to know exactly what she was thinking - it's universal.  She stood with "That Pose".  You know the one - one foot just out from the other with toe tapping,  arms crossed,  stiff jaw, pinched lips,  and eyes squinted.  You know what she was thinking - "Yea,  you want this man toy when we need a new chicken coop,  a fence built and a new butter churn. And where's that new wringer washer you promised me?  You get that thing and you'll be sleeping with it" >:(

I saw him the next fall at the Mid-west Forest Industry show in St. Charles and we talked for a few minutes.   He had bought an LT40HD42D Super not long after I seen him the winter before.  Didn't see his wife.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Percy

QuoteI saw him the next fall at the Mid-west Forest Industry show in St. Charles and we talked for a few minutes.   He had bought an LT40HD42D Super not long after I seen him the winter before.  Didn't see his wife.  ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bigdogpc

Way to go guy!  I'm dang near drooling waiting on my 1220 to get delivered!  Good luck n good sawing!!!

Thank You Sponsors!