iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How roomy are the cabs?

Started by Groo, August 22, 2011, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groo

I am strongly leaning toward taking some courses in Timber harvester operation, but...well...quite frankly I am a real big guy, and plenty fat on top of it. Virtually all new cars, foreign "full sized" trucks, and even old school heavy trucks are a no-go for me. I run a Dresser TD8 dozer and a Kubota 2250 tractor, both from the 80s that are about as tight as I'd want to get. I know something like a skid-steer wouldn't fly, but these harvester cabs look a roomier from what I've seen from looking at pictures on-line. Will I be able to run most of the machinery out there? or would I end up with just another useless piece of paper? I have a couple of those already thanks to this economy.

Bobus2003

The cab on my Timberline delimber is very roomy.. But most skidders cramp me up pretty bad.. Had to modify my 440 to make me fit into it better

Maine372

forestry cabs are usually as big or bigger than what you would expect on construction equipment of the same size. older machines are usually tighter fit.

CTL machinery has huge cabs, but can be challenging to get into somtimes.

redneck

landrich harvesters can fit 3 or 4 people in the cab.  It would be great for tranning operators.  you can see videos on you tube.
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Thank You Sponsors!