iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Processor rate versus Forwarder rate

Started by deastman, April 20, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deastman

Let's say on a $20/ton rate to process and forward 16' to 24' pulp, what do some of you C-T-L guys figure for a percentage of that rate for the processor  versus the forwarder?  50/50, 60/40 etc
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Corley5

Never thought about it but the harvester seems to be the all around more expensive of the two machines to run.  I'd think 70-30 with 70% for the processor  :-\  Maybe  ??? :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

wannaergo

There is a couple guys around my area that work together but separate. They each own one machine. I think they found the numbers to be at 63/37.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

deastman

That's the same as I was thinking.  The processor has to do a lot more work per cord than the forwarder does and my forwarder can usually yard a little more than I can process in a day in average conditions. Thinking about adding a subcontractor with a processor to help increase production this year but then that might be too much for my forwarder to keep up with and then I would need to find a bigger forwarder. Always seems to be a vicious circle trying to balance out production with what equipment you have versus how much more you could produce if you added more or bigger equipment
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

1270d

I've heard forwarder work time should be around 2/3 harvester time.

Jamie_C

Around here the processor rate per tonne is generally double the forwarder rate per tonne.

Thank You Sponsors!