iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 pounds Of Possum.......

Started by Burlkraft, August 21, 2006, 11:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I caught this guy in my chipmunk trap line last night........

When I let him out he was pretty amazed to be just let go......

If he was a little bigger he wudda been in da smoker digin_2 digin_2
Why not just 1 pain free day?

UNCLEBUCK

Hey you "Have a Heart"  :D   That is very neat !  I thought possum were only way down south .  That little fella would have made headlines in the local paper here !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

Whats that phrase for pretending to be asleep? That critter oughta be doin that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I guess 'possums are moving north like Charlie did.   If you pick Charlie up by his tail, he goes to sleep too.   He calls it thinkin' though.

Come to think of it.....  That little feller looks a bit like Charlie. ;D

Woodcarver

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

CHARLIE

Tom's just trying to get back at me for the many times he got into trouble for something I did when we were younger :D  He's got a long way to go though.

Unclebuck, I've seen plenty of roadkill possum when I lived in SE Minnesota (Around the Rochester area) and I've seen several possum here in New Richmond, Wisconsin and that ain't all that far from you.  You probably have 'em and don't know it. They are nocturnal creatures..........you gotta get out more. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodbowl

Well I'll be ................ Yankee possums!

I really didn't think they were that far north.

I'm gona' be keeping my eye peeled for northern critters down here from now on. 

Now Jeff, I want you to look at this link and see what I gave up to come see yall at the pig roast. I figured I could miss one possum festival. It's held every year and located about 20 miles from my house.

http://www.chipleybugle.com/sponsors/PossumFestival/possumfestival.htm
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

CHARLIE

Woodbowl......what link? You forgot to put it in your post.

I think we'll send some porcupines and some black flies down to Florida and let you enjoy them. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodbowl

Quote from: CHARLIE on August 22, 2006, 01:29:56 AM
Woodbowl......what link? You forgot to put it in your post. I think we'll send some porcupines and some black flies down to Florida and let you enjoy them.

Naw ........ It's there.  Scroll down a little bit more. Your gona' have to keep them porkypines and flies.   ........ Now I got to think of something to send you.  :D

http://www.chipleybugle.com/sponsors/PossumFestival/possumfestival.htm
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

DanG!  It's a good thing we went to the Piggy Roast.  I don't think I coulda stood all the excitement at the Possum Festival!  I miss out on the National Grits Festival every year because of the Masters, but it won't be long before Swine Time in Climax, Ga., just a week after Mule Day. 

Olen, we could send ol' Charlie a mating pair of Armadillos.  That oughta get some excitement started up there in dull country! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don P

smiley_fiddler

There's 5 pounds of possum in my headlights tonight
If I can run him over everything will be allright
We'll have some possum gravy, oh what a wonderful sight
Theres 5 pounds of possum in my headlights tonight.

Burlkraft

Jeff....Did ya mean DEAD ??? ??? ???

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: DanG on August 22, 2006, 02:48:15 AM
Olen, we could send ol' Charlie a mating pair of Armadillos.  That oughta get some excitement started up there in dull country! ;D

They'd both be smashed flat on the highway within a couple of days.  Those Wisconsin drivers are ruthless.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

pigman

Quote from: DanG on August 22, 2006, 02:48:15 AM
but it won't be long before Swine Time in Climax, Ga., 

Thats sounds like my kind of event. 8)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Patty

We have possum here in Iowa. They really like to kill my chickens and eat the eggs. Unlike Burl, we don't let them free when we catch them.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Texas Ranger

Hmmm, the other white meat. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Burlkraft

They'd both be smashed flat on the highway within a couple of days.  Those Wisconsin drivers are ruthless.  :D

DanG right them armydillo's wouldn't have a chance. We still like ta hit deer tho.....they make lots bigger dents  bike_rider bike_rider

The possum....did anybody say that he got away ??? ??? ???

thurlow

Remember Granny's possum (stew or innards) recipe on the Beverly Hillbillies?  First, ye git yur possum...................
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Murf

Yup it's true, dere is possums even way up here in Cannuckistan.

Dem little fellers like frozen apples, an' strip what's left of my grapes of da vines too.

Frizzin' Possums
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!