iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw display

Started by thecfarm, October 01, 2008, 10:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

We went to Fryeburg Fair here in Maine and I finally took  pictures of the saw on display there.I was lucky to get pictures without someone standing in front of them.

There is always a few guys talking about the saws.There was many saws I never heard of there.There was about 50-60 saws here.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

That is a nice collection of saws that look to be in really good shape .   8) Do you know if it is all one persons doing or is it an assosiation of guys that got together to expose there saws . ???
  Tanks for the pikchures  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ed

Cool! Quite a bunch of saws!

It does make my back hurt just looking at those old monsters!  :D

Ed

Rocky_J

It looks a lot like one corner of Magnus' saw collection.  :D

zackman1801

havent got a chance to go up to fryeburg yet but i will be going up sunday, hopefully i can take a look at some of the old beasts.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

thecfarm

isawlog,I think the saws are donated to the Fair.There are few tags saying donated by...  I think when the Fair is not going the chain saws stay right where you see them now.The 2 guys you see in the picture was telling a women to take pictures of certain saws.They was having a great time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Its a great displaye , that sure sounds like a good idea, some look like they have been refurbished to new condition ...  8)   I like it .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Al_Smith

Quote from: Rocky_J on October 01, 2008, 05:57:48 PM
It looks a lot like one corner of Magnus' saw collection.  :D
--or Larry S also known as "chainsaw 57 " or Mike Acres collection .

Gee wiz I've got around 40-50 myself but that number is small in comparison to some . . I think Mike has 500 or so and Larry stopped  counting at 1500 .

When Larry goes on an outing he pulls an enclosed trailer full of saws .Fact is he has one of maybe three in the entire world 090 Stihls that has never been started ,never even had fuel in it . ;D

All that said ,nice picture of the saws .

Thank You Sponsors!