iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forum Member BillyB's Pecan Waterfall Bench

Started by WDH, November 23, 2016, 07:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I would have to leave the drawers and doors open if I had that beautiful credenza!   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

That curly cherry is fantastic (if Customsawyer and Myself may say so ourselves.  We sawed it  ;D).   ;D ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

WDH, definitely fantastic curly cherry!  BillyB, is woodworking a hobby or profession?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Just Me

BillyB

Quote from: fishpharmer on December 15, 2016, 10:01:26 PM
WDH, definitely fantastic curly cherry!  BillyB, is woodworking a hobby or profession?

Turned profession a couple months ago. I'm still building up the establishment before I launch a webpage.
LT-15, Stihl MS880, MSC362, 72" Grandberg, Kubota M8546

Just Me

Been making a living at it for most of my life, my own company for 26 years. I think you will do just fine. Don't be afraid to charge, and do the best work you can, and the customers will come.

I have not advertised in 25 years.......

caveman

Thank you for sharing some of your creations with us BillyB.  Danny, you and Jake find some pretty wood inside some of those logs.
Caveman

WDH

We have cut some nice ones.  A bunch of nice ones.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WDH

Here is a very cool development on the pecan waterfall bench.  Billy donated it to the Jimmy Carter Center in Plains GA for an auction to benefit the Center.  A President of the United States signed a piece of my wood and Billy's pecan waterfall bench.  Now, how cool is that?

Here is Billy with President Carter.

Way to go, Billy  8). 

caveman

Super cool.  I have always had a lot of respect for President Carter.  My dad used to work for him when he was the governor of Georgia. 
Caveman

Den Socling

I have always had a lot of respect for President Carter, too. He landed as president in a very bad time with the economy in the commode and the hostages in Iran. There wasn't a lot he could do but his heart was in the right place. And I could never understand why people would ridicule him for turning down the heat at the White House and putting on a sweater to set an example. The American public has disappointed me at times in my life.
You and Billy should be very proud.

red

Beautiful bench, it should bring a lot of peanuts at auction.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

Both of you have done good to be involved in all that. It is good to give. Good job!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!