iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still a month away

Started by Kingcha, February 20, 2013, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

I look at the calender then outside.  Yes its cold and its snowing here in Northern Michigan.  I think its almost as windy as Chicago today.   

I hope to start in about a month getting the spot for my mill cleared and leveled.   Last year we had an early Summer, yes summer, and we had a whole week of the temp's in the 80's in mid March.  Of course last year I was out west where it was colder then at home.

Until then all I can do is read the forum, watch sawing videos and read about sawing and drying wood.

Yes I am getting a little anxious and its still snowing outside
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

justallan1

I sure know what you mean. I spent a good little while trying to figure out what mill I could afford, what other stuff I needed in the same budget, how and where I would be using it and how and where to sell what I cut. Now that I have everything planned out and I'm ready to go it's either snowing sideways or it's thawing out by the time I'm done feeding in the morning. I have a couple folks trying to give me money up front, but I just can't sell something that I don't have knowing I will have a good month farming to do.
Yup, it'll drive you plumb nuts!
Allan

Thank You Sponsors!