iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo problem

Started by petefrom bearswamp, May 29, 2021, 08:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

My cs600p is giving me fits.
Starts and run OK for a few minutes then wont idle.
I have had my local guy a logger who runs a repair shop on the side, test it for crankcase leak and try to diagnose the problem but he cant figure it out.
Told me I have a boat anchor.
It has been a good saw and plenty of zip for a 60cc.
I am reluctant to to scrap it.
Nearest Echo dealer is about 40 miles away.
Any suggestions.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

I was all set to help by saying don't holler so loud.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

Pete is it old and or well used?.  if it sat a while, sounds like it could be a carb issue.  have you tried seafoam, or cleaned the carb?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Real1shepherd

Again the obvious first;clogged spark arrestor and/or clogged air filter. Then check fuel filter and fuel filter lines...then vent system.

If it runs a few minutes normally and then won't idle, sounds like it starved for gas. BUT.....if you're not getting anywhere(you should do this anyway as a matter of course), with the above suggestions, take off your muffler and examine the piston.

Lots of owners have spent much time on everything else only to find out that the piston/rings are trashed with transfers. Some engine will even have 90lbs or so compression and will show transfers with the muffler off. They will start and run OK but as the saws warm up, they will do exactly what you're describing.

Kevin

axeman2021

If you try the items that the forum has posted and it has not solved the problem i would drive that 40 miles to the dealer.

welderskelter

Then dont let it idle. Use seafoam and maybe it will clean up on its own.

petefrom bearswamp

Perhaps I wasn t clear enough on my problem.
The saw will not return to idle, stays at full throttle after a few minutes.
I put a new carb on it, but no change.
Have been told good things about wiemedogs work and have PMed him.
Sounds like he is fairly close to me.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

doc henderson

yes, I thought or interpreted your comment to mean that when you let go the trigger, it would die, and not idle.  does the linkage feel right?  although that should be constant I think.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

ladylake

Check the intake boot between the carb and cylinder, I've had one get a tear in it on a CS600, .  It idled fast. Sounds like your logger friend has a bad attitude about Echo saws.  They're great saws and easy to work on.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

lxskllr

Yea, I was thinking that. "fast idle" doesn't sound like any kind of fatal error to me. Just a matter of finding what it is. I wouldn't abandon a good saw over that, and I'm not particularly inclined to spend a lot of time working on saws.

doc henderson

can you take off the bar and chain, take off the air cleaner so you can see the linkage.  throttle up and when it lags going to idle, see if the link is stuck.  if so, spray the outside with carb cleaner.  or with it off, trigger to see if the butterfly lags going closed.

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
I have contacted weimedog who says he can help me.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!