iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just thought i'd share my day...........

Started by Grizzly, May 13, 2015, 08:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

I got my sharpening equipment and had to figure out how to install and use it. Here is what happened today.

First we went and milled some wood for the project, but I'm not very aware that I carry a camera with me on the phone so events are usually long over before I think of it. Anyway here is the first result I documented. The legs and supports for the new bench.

And then we took a little time for coffee and listening to the loons sing. Those birds will stop me from everything I'm doing. Gets me everytime and I only have till late June when they go quiet again.

I'm not the craftsmen that most of you are but I want something heavy, rugged, and perhaps rustic? I used dowels and glue instead of screws so we'll see how that works over time.

Just shows more of how I did it. Very simple (that way I could do it!) but should function.

Another end view. That's my daughter in the shadows. My main helper and becoming the main sawyer it seems, as I'm often away on jobs and she just keeps things going.

My new toys sitting on top of my new bench! If you can see it, the dual tooth setter sits 4" lower than the cat claw. The theory is that the bands can share space behind each unit while leaving vertical space to allow sufficient space for taking bands in and out.

Anyway, just thought I'd share from the fine north country.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Percy

Well it looks tuff enuff for sure...you and and eliphant could tap dance on that table while the blade gets tuned up(strong)...Nice work....

Oh ya, Its great working with the kids....we are both lucky that way ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

beenthere

Clever on the design that saves space, as well as the bench build. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tmarch

Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

4x4American

Good job.  I too have the cat claw sharpner mounted higher than the dual tooth setter, but because it's easier on my arms to be setting lower and I like to look close at the grinder working so I keep it towards my level
Boy, back in my day..

Ox

I love it.  Good thinking, good design and smacks of old timey goodness.  It just doesn't get any better than this.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

customdave

Yep a stukem bench alright, neat idea of the setter & sharpner back to back to save space  :)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

customdave

Yep a stukem bench alright, neat idea of the setter & sharpner back to back to save space  :)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Grizzly

Quote from: Percy on May 13, 2015, 08:59:41 PM
..you and and eliphant could tap dance on that table while the blade gets tuned up

:D  I hadn't planned on any, but then I'd have to join the larger circus not just the one here!  ;D

Thanks y'all.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Thank You Sponsors!