iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another knock at the door..........

Started by gator gar, May 22, 2010, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

I had just come in from outside tending to my BBQ pit, adding some wood to it to keep my beef shoulder clod cooking at around 275 degrees., When I hear a faint knock at the door and I put my sweaty shirt back on and see another man that lives up the road, out in my yard. I open the door and lo and behold, he has the whole road out front, blocked with a lowboy trailer with eight of the biggest pine logs, that I have seen in awhile on there.

We get to talking and are trying to figure out how to get all this wood out in my horse pasture next to my sawmill. I'm overwhelmed at this point and am not thinking too straight. Then I come to my senses and tell the man, to go ahead and bring them back to his place. My mill is portable and it would be alot easier for him to have all that cut right there on his property. He readily agreed and away he went. He lives a good solid three miles from my house, if that.

I guess the good Lord heard my Oak cries and sent me a load of pine. I'm gonna finish up what I have next to the mill today and tomorrow. Then after working 4-10s out of town, we'll start on them next week. Looks like it will all work out just fine.

Tom

I love it when that happens, even to someone else.  :D

I'm reminded of the joke where the Lord sent two boats and helicopter to a man in a flood who kept refusing help because he was so Pius that he would say that the Lord would look after him.  Complaining, at the golden gate, that the Lord let him die, he was reminded that the Lord had sent two boats and a helicopter.   I suppose that we just have to recognize the help when it comes.  :D

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

fishpharmer

Ask and ye shall recieve....

Glad to hear you have plenty of work piling up for you. 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Smells Sounds like money $$$ to me.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

boman1

Good deal gator ! I had a friend call this afternoon from Jasper offering me 30 or so pine logs......the problem is ....they have to be moved tomorrow! I hate to miss church....but I guess I'm heading to Jasper in the morning to get them big pines!!! I wish it were Oak Oak Oak........but free logs is money any way you cut it...lol!

gator gar

Quote from: boman1 on May 22, 2010, 11:11:26 PM
but I guess I'm heading to Jasper in the morning to get them big pines!!!

Make sure you stop by the Cedar Tree restaraunt and eat at the buffet. They have some pretty good groceries in there. When I go to Jasper, I usually time it where I get there around lunch time.

Meadows Miller

Gday

congrats it sounds like things are going well Gator  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) i had a run like that this w/end too mate got given about 20 good pines 2 to 4' butts and 60' plus hight  if i wanted to drop them No Worrys was the anwser  ;)  ;D 8) 8) then a slabbing job only 4 hrs but at $80 an hr for bar tops in ironbark and another job a days sawing redgum into 6x1s for a bloke  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

gator
it sounds like things are getting good. its either feast or famine so enjoy the feast. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bugdust

Must be that time of the year. I got a call from the local school board offering white pine logs. Good deal, all I have to do is show up. My concern is nails, nails, nails. If not, I see some great looking siding rolling off the old mill soon.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Thank You Sponsors!