iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Through the window

Started by Tom, May 10, 2008, 05:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Now this doe is showing up every afternoon. within a 10 minute window at 4:00. 

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Mooseherder

If that is the same window that produced the Turkey, then I'd say that window is very productive. ;D  ;)

Stump Jumper Jr

If your looking for a pet give it some corn, if you don't want it hanging around  scare it away  ;) ;D

Tom

What a menagerie!!

I've got 'coons, possums, deer, hogs, turkey, armadillo, squirrels, .........cats......

I just happened to see some movement through the blinds this afternoon and looked to find that three turkeys were strolling around the front yard.  I guess they were looking for insects because we definitely have our share of grasshoppers and mole crickets.  They were very nonchalant and so were the cats.  To my surprise there were two of Gaels 15 cats sitting there watching the turkeys.   Now and again the cats would swat at one another and even tussle on the ground but the turkey didn't seem to be paying them any attention.  The cats would sit up and look at the turkeys as if they were trying to figure out what they were.   These are the same cats that follow the dog around the yard, keeping about 5 or 8 feet behind, and watching interestingly as the dog sniffs all the bushes and occasionally trails the scent of an unseen animal across the yard.

I'm having the best time watching these characters. 

They just walked circles around the cat (s) and investigated the whole yard.  I guess a little corn thrown out there and I'd have a zoo every afternoon.  :D

No, the grass never has recovered from the hog rooting.

Bibbyman

Man!  That's something!   A turkey with two heads!

Seen this fellow (or gal) through the window a couple of weeks back.  But went outside to get this picture.   Took him (or her) away from the yard.  A while later it was knocking on our front door.   Last evening I came back in the house and noted it was on the roof sunbathing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

It may be wanting to rent a room and move in.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Jake turkeys (and spike bucks) are usually the dumbest.  Their mammas kick them out and they have to learn everything on their own.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Onthesauk

Hiked up the hill behind our house late afternoon.  200 yards up I stepped out on the old logging road and here were two elk browsing.  Both stood and watched me from about 150 feet for 2 or 3 minutes and then turned and trotted up the hill. 

We've got a herd in the valley but I've only seen them across the river and 4-5 miles beyond. 
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!