iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met another sawyer this evening

Started by Chuck White, September 14, 2012, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

DGDrls, aka Dan Daoust stopped by my place late this afternoon and we proceeded to visit.

We talked about his mill, my mill and sawing in general.  I showed him my "sample" wall (1x4x8 of each type of wood I've sawn), then I showed him how my Cat Claw sharpener works!

I also showed him my saw blade box!

All-in-all we had a very nice visit, and what a very nice guy, really glad he stopped by!

I suspect we'll have a few more visits in the future.

Thanks for the visit Dan.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Were his shoes blue?  Was his clothes blue?  Did he drive a blue vehicle?  Was his hair blue?

;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Nope!  Nope!  Nope!  Nope!   ;D :D

We really had a nice visit, and it's great to finally put a face to a name!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Its always a great day when you get to visit with anouther sawmiller and someone of the same mindset  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

drobertson

you bet it is, til they tell you that you dont' know your rear from a hole in the ground.  I can say I have seen his bundles, and I feel like I do better in that.  He is a ole time sawyer, who knows his beans,  just saying I will never cut high production rates on the 40, but if you want consistant boards bring it on.   Never a complaint on this here.  That being said, there is always good info from others. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

Thank you Chuck,  what a pleasure to meet you :)

I can say gentlemen, Chuck runs a pretty tight shop and he shared some great tips with this rookie.
Chuck, I hope to be able to stop by again,

DGDrls

Ps my blue and white Hickory shirts were in the truck :D

Thank You Sponsors!