iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

KASCO 11A

Started by Kchev, June 09, 2020, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kchev

I've just  become the foster owner of an older KASCO mill on long term basis. My friend is no longer able to use and store the mill. Never having used the mill before I'm wondering if anyone out there would know where i might source an owners manual?
The mill originally came out of a farmstead in Vermont and has not been run as a mill for quite some time. The motor runs well and the rig is really rugged and overall appears in great shape.
Out of an abundance of worry, I'd just like the owners manual or some other reference material to help guide me goIng through the rig, top to bottom, before firing it up and trying to run it through a log or two. And yep, I'm new milling (and this forum!).
Keith

Cjross73

Welcome! I'm not familiar with that mill but you've come to the right place,  someone will know where to get the info you need. 

Chuck 
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

47sawdust

I had a Kasco IIB mill.The owners manual was a joke.
You might give Kasco a call .They no longer make sawmills, but might have some info. in the back room.
Mine was pretty straightforward,solid construction ,cut accurate lumber pretty slow by comparison to my WM LT30.
Not a lot of info.in the manual I had and the print quality was terrible.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Kchev

Many thanks for the response. I have a call into Kasco..now awaiting their response. WM undoubtedly my preference but as a freebie, if only on long term loan, the Kasco should serve my (hobby) furniture making needs more than well.
Thanks again
Keith

Bob Kulp

I have a manual for a Kasco Saw II B...not sure if that would help.
Newby sawmill guy, trying to figure it out.

Dana Stanley

This feller said he has one but its an old post.I sent a PM https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=517
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Vickisawgirl

Just got an older Kasco that needs some TLC
Looking to find any info to help get it running again

tacks Y

I can not help other than Welcome you to the FF.

47sawdust

I owned a Kasco IIB. I don't know if I can help but give me a try.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!