iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visiting Wisconsin

Started by NWP, April 30, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWP

I am in Wisconsin and saw a sign in someone's yard today advertising sawing and milling services.  I was on Hwy 29 a few miles outside of Kewaunee WI. I was just wondering if it was anybody from on the FF. It looked like a nice setup. I was on business with a group of people so I couldn't stop.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

drobertson

Man you are up there, pretty country aye?, I've made a few trips to wi, but in the kenosha area, really love wisconsin, can't help, except I hope your bussiness folks like to fish, if so take time to stop for that! david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mikeb1079

there's a lot of smaller bandmills around.  kewaunee sounds familiar but i think that i'm remembering stumpy over in pewaukee.  too many kee's and ee's.   :D :D  hope you enjoyed your visit today was nice and warm but really blustery.   8)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

LAZERDAN

If your in Keewanee  you are in the heart of cow country USA.  No matter what anyone says!   You will find many and i mean many sawmills in the area.. Not big mills like wausau, but farmers and hobbie saws, Not to many on the FF.  You picked the nicest week of the year so far 90 degrees today?? was 30's and 40's all spring   YUP always  right into summer                 Lazerdan   

beenthere

QuoteYou picked the nicest week of the year so far 90 degrees today

Don't know offhand where Lazerdan is, but to me 90 deg is NOT nice. Too DanG HOT today!!
;)

May snow Friday morning, so they suggest.  8) 8)

NWP must be heading up into Door county.

Lazerdan, how about some bio fill in, so we have an idear where you are at.....  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

NWP

I am up visiting the Pierce Mfg fire truck plant in Appleton. We are getting ready to purchase some new trucks. They build all their ladders for their aerial trucks in Kewaunee so we went up there to look at those. Pretty country.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Axe Handle Hound

Keewaunee is a pretty part of the state for sure.  beenthere mentioned it already, but if you get a few free hours take a drive north up the peninsula and see Door County.  It's early and the weather could be pretty cool yet, but it's really a nice part of the state. 

ronwood

I was up in Dore County last summer and stayed in Sturgen Bay at a bed and breakfast.
Nice area

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Barney II

Benthere----Your wish for something other than 90 degrees is here right  now 36 degrees  :D  and another inch of snow with 5 to 10 on the way sometime tonight. ??? I don't like the hot weather either but right now I would take 120 degrees.  Have tapped into next winters wood  :(
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

red oaks lumber

barney, weve even tapped into next winters weather :D i heard on the radio 6-12" tonight thru tommorrow. who's complaining about "hot weather?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

beenthere

QuoteHave tapped into next winters wood

I'd much much rather be burning some wood than running the air conditioner trying to get the house down below 85 deg so I can sleep.  ;D
Heading for MSP Friday, so look forward to cooler weather.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Lucman

You guys are the BEST. I knew there had to be a better way, video was super!!

Joe
Wood-Mizer LT-40
Mesick, Michigan

mikeb1079

lucman, we know wisco is the best, but we also know that you wanted to post this in your blade wrapping thread.   ;) :D ;D

beenthere you're gonna get your wish the temp is dropping off fast!! :)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

trapper

I am with  beenthere.  still 78 in the house and wife wont let me open windows because of her allergies.  Mold and pollen very high.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

UN Hooker

Geeeez  I'm driving up to Superior in July, guess I best leave my snow tires on!!
  A few times I've spent the whole summer in Northern Wisconsin --  Both Days!!  :)
     UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

schakey

Got into Portage,Wi yesterday around 4:30pm 82 degrees. Now at 12:30 am waiting for my work call and it's 48 degrees.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Gary_C

This was just about two weeks ago. Taken just south of Superior, WI near Danbury.

My pickup is sitting there under the snow in the second picture. We got well over a foot of snow those two days and just north of Duluth/Superior they got 22 inches of snow in that storm.

Hope that makes you feel better Beenthere.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

red oaks lumber

may 2nd? really we got 11" of snow so far and the temp. is at a balmy 28 deg. ;)

Barney II

Good Morning Red Oaks----That is about what I have here in Cable.  Our temp is about 31 degrees.  I hope you are right about  that drawing ahead for next year :D :D They are saying that this will keep up until 7 pm today. ::)
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

k7776s2001

Kewaunee is way on the east side of Wisconsin as is Appleton.  Superior is way on the NW side of WI.  It was upper 80s on April 30th in the east side and low 70s on May 1st and today only the 50s as well as tomorrow before warming Saturday.  I'm not sure where the idea of snowstorms and sub freezing temps got associated with Kewaunee and Appleton as the temps can be vastly different depending what part of the state you are in. 
CB E2400

millwright

ROL and Barney II I'm glad the snow is staying down in your area, up near Superior here we dodged the bullet on this May 2 stuff by about 30 miles.

red oaks lumber

millwright,all winter  you guys were getting hammered with storms, each one seeemed like it was measured in feet not inches :D
my wife and i love running to duluth - superior every couple weeks just to poke around, thrift shops, the lake i guess that would make us tourists ;D

schakey

Was in Portage ,Wi and Thursday morning got called to do a St.Paul,Mn turn.Hit the snow storm on WI I94 got stuck behind a FedEX Freight at the west bound 35 mile marker waited 1 and 1/2 hours for tow truck.It took me 7 hours to run 251 miles.

We also have a terminal in Appleton,Wi I heard they got nothing over there.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

k7776s2001

Not even close to snow over here in Appleton like you said.  Had about an inch of rain from thunderstorms and showers but back in the 70s again the last several days. 
CB E2400

Thank You Sponsors!