iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pulling hair

Started by Smakman, June 18, 2005, 01:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smakman

>:(  I am having the WORST time trying to find a bearing.  The original is a Hub City, which NO ONE seems to carry, but I think the Browning is the same thing.  It is a 1 7/16 " bore pillow block mounted bearing.  Every 1 7/16" I have found, the pillow block is not the right height.  No one carries it in stock, no one carries a replacment bearing to put into my existing pillow block.  I have been to nearly a dozen places between St. Louis to over 150 miles south (Poplar Bluff) and called several others.  So far, the ones I have had ordered in that were "exactly the same" weren't.  There has GOT to be some place that carries what I need.  Or maybe I have the only four bearings made like this in the world.  That WOULD be my kind of luck.   >:(
Cooks HD3238
Bobcat T320
Kioti 7320
Stihl 550i
Stihl 044

Bibbyman

If you found one shorter,  couldn't you shim them up to the right height?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jrokusek

Have you tried Surplus Center?  http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?UID=2005061812482712&catname=powerTrans&keyword=PBPB

I see they have 2 types of the 1 7/16 but I don't know exactly what you need.

Jim

maple flats

Any time I need a bearing I go to a bearing shop and they just match the numbers. Have not had a problem not even knowing who made it. The bearing shop can cross to a current number if needed.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

Try looking for a # on the bearing in your existing pillow block. That should be able to be matched. If not send me a PM with all the measurements and specs and I think I can find what you need. I have several friends who are machineists and they have all of the resourses to get what is needed.
Maple Flats.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

raycon

Try McMaster Carr online catalog. Won't help you today (Saturday) but might help you come Monday.

Good luck.
Lot of stuff..

Smakman

Well, I think I have it found now.  I couldn't believe no one had it in stock anywhere though.
Cooks HD3238
Bobcat T320
Kioti 7320
Stihl 550i
Stihl 044

MemphisLogger

I have an Applied Bearings dealer in my town--always has whatever I need.

http://www.applied.com
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!