iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winterize house and water heater, still use the OWB for heat

Started by downs.garym, December 18, 2019, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downs.garym

Hello, New user here and newer owner of an OWB. Learning as I go. Long story short, we purchased property/house two years ago and it came with a Central Boiler. It is recreational property for us so arent there all the time. The house is not what I would call livable so wasnt staying in it all. I asked the local dealer who installed the OWB about winterizing and he suggested to just leave the pump run all winter. So I winterized the house, drained the WH and blew out the lines and kept the pump running. Everything was fine. This year, I intend to stay in the house occasionally while I work on it (without water) but would like to heat using the OWB. Should I be concerned about the side arm heat exchanger on the WH or the WH itself if the WH is drained? There are no isolation valves on the side arm so I have to run the water from the OWB through it. Anything else to think about? Thanks!

jgoodhart

Gearbox

It would help to know where this is at . Also let us know how cold it gets where you are at . If you are in northern MN just leaving the pumps run might be risky at -30 degrees .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

downs.garym

Im in Southern Ohio. We get cold stretches here in the winter, but generally its not too bad. Our averages for jan are about 40 and 23.

Thank You Sponsors!