iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting ready in South Louisiana - IDry

Started by Log Dawg, April 01, 2021, 01:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log Dawg

Well last week I talked to Jim after noticing the price was going up on the IDry line. Mostly it is the steel cost, he told me the price of steel is 3 time what it was this time last year. So I had to step up my time-line about 6 months. Looking to retire in the next 2-3 years and need a new toy to play with and learn. Getting things ready to pour a slab, trench water, power, internet and lay out the enclosed lean-to off my exiting shop. So fun times ahead, I have been reading all the post on here and found some very good information. I will be reaching out to some to learn more as I become then new member of the IDry club. I did get the standard, should be here June 9, 2021. More to come......
2006 LT40HDD51 Cat Diesel, Board Return, Auto Clutch, De-Barker & Accuset, ShopBot CNC, 1953 Ford Jubilee, IDry

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Log Dawg

Thank you Doc, will post pic's when it all takes place.
2006 LT40HDD51 Cat Diesel, Board Return, Auto Clutch, De-Barker & Accuset, ShopBot CNC, 1953 Ford Jubilee, IDry

Log Dawg

doc henderson

very nice.  love new poured concrete.  it is a sign of success.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Looks like some excitement in your future, Congratulations!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Congratulations, new concrete all ready to go. Ask lots of questions. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Log Dawg

Good Update , I just received a call from IDry today. Looks like I will be getting it a month early as soon as Monday. Just have to wire the money and get a crane lined up. 

Walnut Beast

Great 👍. That will be a BIG wire transfer 😂

Walnut Beast

I see the new price is 59k on the standard was the old price 45 or 49k ?

Log Dawg

Yes it is, I got on the list 7 days before the price went up. When I talk to Jim he told me the cost of steel was up 3 time what it was last year at this time.

Log Dawg

Stephen1

Quote from: Walnut Beast on May 11, 2021, 02:37:25 PM
I see the new price is 59k on the standard was the old price 45 or 49k ?
I originally paid 40k 2 years ago.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Log Dawg

Few day later, was not able to get it out on Friday waited to load it on Monday. This worked out better because at the moment there is flooding all over Baton Rouge. The driver showed up last night and at 6:30 am we unloaded him and set it on my trailed for the last 10 miles to the house. I will leave it in the warehouse till Thursday or Friday till the rain clears out then haul it home.

Log Dawg

Update, So it is set in place the water is run, power conduit in the ground. This rain is a killer, every day it rains right now. So the wrapping is still on it till I can get the roof build, hoping to get this done this weekend and then pull the power wires in , hook up and finely turn it on.

Log Dawg

Progress is slow because of all the rain and heat. But the roof is on and I was able to uncover it over the weekend.

Log Dawg

boonesyard

I envy you guys that don't have to worry about water freezing.

Are you going to do anything with where you'll have it drain? Landscape? Rock? Pipe? Will probably wash out on you the way it is.

They work well, you'll enjoy it. 
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Stephen1

Quote from: boonesyard on August 17, 2021, 11:13:17 AM
I envy you guys that don't have to worry about water freezing.

Are you going to do anything with where you'll have it drain? Landscape? Rock? Pipe? Will probably wash out on you the way it is.

They work well, you'll enjoy it.
I also envy not worried about freezing. 
Enjoy the new kiln!

sweetfarm

Congratulations on getting one before the price increase!
Now that you have had it for a while; how is it working for you?
Are you drying for others or only drying your own wood?

Stephen1

He is so busy sawing wood and filling  that kiln, he hasn't a chance to report back.  

Log Dawg

Sorry , like Stephen1 (whom I need to chat with someday about all his knowledge) said just busy and not have time to get on line. I started with a Woodmizer back in 1994 and continue to do it part time till I retire in the next few years (I hope). I do have a full time job (pushing 40 yrs with the same company) so running the IDRY was for my use when I retire, I do not advertise but word of mouth is bringing in customers. Because of the steel prices keep going up I decided to get it last year, and glad I did.   

That said  Boonesyard it does get cold down here, been in the 20's . But it will not last long (few days) and we get snow maybe every 5-6 years (It might be on the ground 24 hrs at the most). Today will be in the 60's, I do have the pipes insulated for freezing.

Sweetfarm so far so good I did have a problem when I turned it on one Saturday afternoon and nothing happen. Me being an electrician I found the drive fuses for the Vac pump and fan blown. With the help of Brian at IDRY he walked me thru, he also sent me fuses next day and was able to get it back up and running. Not sure why they blew but it has not happen again. Good people at IDRY. Mostly dry for myself but word of mouth is binging in customers.

Stephen1

My fuses blew also. Easy to fix and no problem since. I talked with brian the oter day about my low voltage.
I am on 3 phase but only use 2 of the phases. I am told I only gt 207 beacause of this. The elements are designed for 240 .  Brian at IDRY is sending me a new element that produce more heat from the 208.  

Thank You Sponsors!