iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

For someone living in Nova Scotia, where's the best place to buy a mill?

Started by HemlockKing, April 15, 2021, 06:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

There are not many options for nova scotians for mill dealers(that I'm aware of), I've done some googling and apparently woodmizer use to be set up in aylesford, but no more. It looks like the other nearest woodmizer dealer is in shediac....which I can not visit due to border restrictions, is there any other brands or stores anybody knows of? I'm looking to leave with a portable mill right off the lot
A1

wbrent

There was guy in Digby selling Champion SMG mills at one point. Not sure if hes still there or not. They look like good mills. I was looking at them but ended up going with a Norwood. 

Patrick NC

It's highly unlikely that you're going to find a mill sitting on a dealer lot. Shortest lead time I've seen is Norwood at 8-12 weeks. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

HemlockKing

I was just on the phone with "Henley saws" and they said they no more sell woodmizer as of last year, I asked if any other dealers in NS he knew of, he said no  ::)

A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: wbrent on April 15, 2021, 06:50:41 AM
There was guy in Digby selling Champion SMG mills at one point. Not sure if hes still there or not. They look like good mills. I was looking at them but ended up going with a Norwood.
I really want to go with woodmizer but I know options are more limited to us east coasters
A1

Patrick NC

Quote from: HemlockKing on April 15, 2021, 07:04:26 AM
I really want to go with woodmizer but I know options are more limited to us east coasters
If you're looking for a hydraulic mill with power feed, give Norwood a call. Their new hd36 v2 is a nice mill. They also have a new hd38 that looks pretty interesting. Cuts 35" wide boards with 14" depth of cut. Both Mills can be bought with power feed and hydraulics. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

HemlockKing

Quote from: Patrick NC on April 15, 2021, 07:10:28 AM
Quote from: HemlockKing on April 15, 2021, 07:04:26 AM
If you're looking for a hydraulic mill with power feed, give Norwood a call. Their new hd36 v2 is a nice mill. They also have a new hd38 that looks pretty interesting. Cuts 35" wide boards with 14" depth of cut. Both Mills can be bought with power feed and hydraulics.
I was mostly looking at a LT15(woodmizer) but would consider other brands, I cant find any norwood dealers in NS either from a google search
A1

Patrick NC

Norwood doesn't have dealers. They sell factory direct. Go to their website and there will be a link to contact them. 

HemlockKing

Quote from: Patrick NC on April 15, 2021, 07:37:39 AM
Norwood doesn't have dealers. They sell factory direct. Go to their website and there will be a link to contact them.
Thank you!
A1

HemlockKing

I'm looking at that hd36v2, would you say it's worth the 23hp briggs for the extra 400$? 
A1

Hilltop366

The SMG Champion guy is in Barton Digby County, if you search on Kijiji Nova Scotia for SMG his info should come up.

There has been some of the Valley sawmills in front of Leon's furniture in Yarmouth once in a while but haven't seen any lately, could be a availably issue.

Patrick NC

Quote from: HemlockKing on April 15, 2021, 07:57:30 AM
I'm looking at that hd36v2, would you say it's worth the 23hp briggs for the extra 400$?
Absolutely. I got the 23hp on my hd36 and I wouldn't want any less. It will still cut lumber with the smaller engine, but more hp is always better 

Patrick NC

I also recommend getting the roller guides instead of the ceramics. They are probably not listed on the website but they are available. Just ask the salesman about the kit. Best $300 I ever spent. 

Thank You Sponsors!