iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Vacuumterm" drying of a bar a pine, a fur-tree

Started by nick, February 06, 2007, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

Hello!
I am Sergey assistant
Drying kiln " Vacuumterm " is capable to dry a bar 100 х 200 mm, 150 х 150 mm, 150 х 200 mm, 200 х 200 mm.
After drying passes processing in temperature 180 degrees C. Water does not absorb. The oak, an ash, a beech, a hornbeam changes color.
Board for a floor well holds water.
What you think, in construction of houses and windows it is possible to apply such bar?
Nick.

beenthere

Nick
Welcome to the forum. Great pictures you posted.

I'm trying to sort out the word you use, "bar".  Is this a size of a piece of wood (what we might call a cant or a timber) or does "bar" refer to a treatment to the wood, or maybe one vacuum kiln charge (load). 

With a little more discussion, we can probably figure it out.

Say hello to Sergey for us, please.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dana

The term "bar" is it a measurement of pressure or lack of? Hydraulic gauges are often measured in bars.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Den Socling

Hi Nick,

Did I hear that you are Sergey's son?

I do believe that he is referring to a beam when he says bar. But that might be wrong.  ;)

Den

beenthere

Den
That interp would fit Nick's explanation. thanks :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

nick

2 beenthere: Bar - is a size of a piece of wood.

2 Den- I am a husband of Sergey's daughter.He have two daughters.Look fotos on gallery (User galleries > nick > Our Family)

serg

Hello friends!
I made new vacuum drying with the big temperature. I am helped by members of my family.
I have dried up in the vacuum chamber  pine 200 õ 200 mm, 150 - 200 mm and another up to W = 6 %.
Part of a bar I have dried up in "Vacuumterm" up to W = 2 %. Temperature of 180 degrees Ñ.
For 6 days humidity has risen up to 12 % without "Vacuumterm" other 4 days there are on place W = 12 %. In total has passed 10 days.
After processing began W = 4 % and more moisture from air does not take.
Den.
This technology will allow to build houses near ocean from pine 200 õ 200 mm? ???
Sergey.

nick

Hi! We continue to make experiments with construction of houses of an integral bar of a pine.
The first drying has passed 8 months back. The bar from the first drying had 6-7 % on an output. In 8 months humidity in the centre of 6 %, on a surface of 9 % (month lays in heated workshop) and 17 % lays in not heated to shop.
Units of connection for construction of houses from an integral bar of a pine.
Nick

logwalker

I don't know exactly what you are doing Nick, but it looks very cool. Show us some more. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

serg

nick dries a bar for construction of houses a pine.
http: // www.profbrus.ru/catalog.phtml? section_id=38
Thickness 200 õ 200 mm. It is speed, quality of construction of a house. We do not use a bar, three layers a pine of 50 mm. When there passes processing of a dry bar humidity of 6 % at 180 degrees C, the bar of a pine in itself does not take water. Humidity of 4 %.
I wanted to have contact to that who dries such bar a pine in America?  ???
America builds houses of a pine? ??? What thickness is dried as much as possible? ???
Sergey.

nick

The pine a bar 150 х 200 mm after vacuumterm - humidity is stable W = 4 %. 30 days was on open air.
Such bar can be applied in housing construction.
What your opinion?
Nick.

low_48

Nick,
While looking at your process I find the following term, Vacuum pyrolysis. Is this the technology that you are working on? I found this at the following site;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrolysis#Vacuum_pyrolysis

Do you know if material like this is being sold in the United States?

This all sounds very interesting. Should be a much better process than adding dangerous chemicals to change the characteristics of wood.

nick

Pyrolysis  makes coal of a tree for a barbecue. Processing wood for building needs demands a soft mode up to 180 degrees C. It needs good drying up to humidity of 6 % - 8 % without deviations.
I think, that this technology can replace a multilayered bar in housing construction and manufacture of windows.
I have learned to modify an oak, an ash, a maple, a birch, a hornbeam, a beech. I   continue experiences.
In US somebody makes modifications with temperature? I can have useful contact.

serg

Hello!
The architect Lena makes the project of the American house. A skeleton from a pine humidity of 3.2 % processing "Vacuumterm". Our way of construction correct? Look a breadboard model the house.
Sergey.

Thank You Sponsors!