iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New England FF pot luck the Northern Project (May 19, 2018)

Started by Bruno of NH, November 19, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

You're a legend, in your own mind.  :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

shinnlinger

Well looks like I got my computer fixed up just in time....  Hope I can make this event.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Engineer

I'm thinking that I should be able to make it over there.  Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. 

4x4American

Quote from: Engineer on December 18, 2017, 03:35:13 PM
I'm thinking that I should be able to make it over there.  Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

What about the other guys are you looking backward to meeting them lol
Boy, back in my day..

loggah

I will try and make it, after all its downhill all the way !!! ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

samandothers

Quote from: loggah on December 19, 2017, 08:37:56 AM
I will try and make it, after all its downhill all the way !!! ;D ;D Don
The return trip will be harder pedaling!  ;D

hersnsh#590

Peter:  Add another Vermonter to the list.  I liked GAB's idea of local campgrounds.

Dale
TK 1600, small sugaring operation, a bench full of J'reds, a tired ford 1710, new to us JD 5065e, 2 Honda 4 whlrs, a Can-Am 580 on tracks, and a very understanding wife.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: hersnsh#590 on December 28, 2017, 05:51:48 PM
Peter:  Add another Vermonter to the list.  I liked GAB's idea of local campgrounds.

Dale

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Oliver05262

I just saw this thread, and I put the date on the calendar. Be good to put a face to some of the members on the Forum.
  Engineer, are you going alone or with family? I'll probably be going alone, since I'll be dragging mother to the EXPO the weekend before!!!! You're welcome to ride along; there'll be safety in numbers when we get over the Connecticut River.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

maple flats

I'll think about it, but it's getting rather close to an Alaskan Cruise I'm taking my bride of 50+ years on in early June.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

woodmills1

The lovely Kathy just wrote the date in her calendar.   whoops it's Prince Harry's wedding LOL
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Andries

Wow woodmills, that's crazy.
My wife and I just got our invitations too!
See you at the wedding.  😆
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Meadows Miller

Gday

I would definetly be up for coming for a visit and meeting everyone from up this way as my wife and I live in Center Conway NH

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

maple flats

I marked it on my calendar. That looks like a weekend I should be able to make. I'll likely bring something cold unless I come with a way to reheat something there, Driving time according to the directions on Peter Drouin's web site show 5 hrs 18 min. Then at my age there's 2 or 3 pit stops.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Peter Drouin

I know the day is a ways off, But, I have been moving and setting things up so we all will have room to move. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Want to keep this up near the top as it gets closer
Hopefully the snow will be gone by then :)
We just got 16" at my place
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

John Mc

To save people from scrolling back through pages of posts to find the date and location:

This is on May 19, 2018 at Peter Drouin's place in Sanbornton, NH. See his website for directions: http://forestryforum.com/sanbornton/

This is about 25 minutes north of Concord, NH, not far from exit 22 off I-93.

If you are looking for other things to do while in the area, this is not far from Lake Winnepesaukee: lots of things to see and do around there and some nice little towns in the area (my sister used to live year round on an island in Lake Winnepesaukee).

Can anyone recommend a good campground in the area? It would be fun if we could all stay at the same place. Maybe we could cook a group breakfast and debate the merits of Vermont vs New Hampshire Maple syrup on our pancakes.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Jeff

I edited the first post topic. From now on it will be on every post. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Quote from: John Mc on February 09, 2018, 08:58:45 AM
Maybe we could cook a group breakfast and debate the merits of Vermont vs New Hampshire Maple syrup on our pancakes.

Or we could get you some from Michigan so there would be no debate at all. Don't let Don Staples see this post, or he will try to tell you Texas syrup is the best, and everyone knows, there is ony Two kinds of syrup in Texas...

To end any speculation. I've promised to try and make a trip east this year, but it will be for the Logrite open house in April if I can swing that. The last part of May we are committed to getting ready for the Coleman Veterans Memorial Concert which is supported in part by The Forestry Forum. (we take care of all their internet and web needs and volunteer where they need us. In exchange, the Forum gets promoted at the concerts.)

Ya'll have a good time and make the Forestry Forum proud.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John Mc

Quote from: Jeff on February 09, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
I edited the first post topic. From now on it will be on every post. ;)

Apparently, that is not working. Look at the title of your next post.

{EDIT} I take it back. It is working. It showed up on this post.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

51cub

I can't recommend anyplace, but I just made a reservation for Silver Lake Park Campground. Turns out it's their opening weekend, so I'm thinking it's going to start filling up fast
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Crusarius

Early season usually is not bad since it is always to cold and muddy. Hopefully it be good though. I like the idea of camping.

DeerMeadowFarm

Bruno of NH

I'm thinking about going to the logrite open house
I'd like to pick up some bench legs for some of my projects.
When is it ?

Thank You Sponsors!