iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current price for Midwestern Grade White Oak?

Started by PartTimeJack, December 28, 2018, 10:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PartTimeJack

Anyone have current going price for White oaks in the lower midwest, or midwest in general?
I am contemplating going ahead even with the rain and get started on my white oak thinning project, or not. With all of this rain it better be worth it, or i'll just wait till better weather.
Haven't been able to get a hold of my local buyer, he went on vacation. Guess that might be a sign...  :D
Just a Farmer learnin to be a Jack.

BuckeyeAaron

In Ohio white oak is moving very well, especially larger diameter material. When you say "thinning" though that leads me to think you are talking about smaller diameter material? If so, that will certainly have an impact on your price.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Psalms 139, 9-10.

DPatton

Quote from: PartTimeJack on December 28, 2018, 10:26:08 PM
Anyone have current going price for White oaks in the lower midwest, or midwest in general?
One source you might check is Timber Talk. It is a quarterly Nebraska Forestry Industry News Letter published by the Nebraska Forestry Service and the University of Nebraska. It will have information on the current local forestry industry and hardwood lumber prices.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

yetti462

What size?? If they are small and clean you can get stave prices, small and rough tie cuts.  Small and clean $1.20/ft.  Small rough .42 cents.  Large diameter stave $1.40 to $1.60.  Large rough .75. 

I salvaged some WHO off my property and hauled to a local mill owned by a good friend.  He gave me a buck a foot on all butts and upper tie logs .42 cents.  If I had more I would have sorted but it was a salvage job I did with my tractor and had a mix bag of species and logs.

Thank You Sponsors!