iDRY Vacuum Kilns

TOM-- need help to post pictures

Started by D._Frederick, January 31, 2005, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

We bought a digital camera and I would like to post the size pictures you show quite often. We have PAINT SHOP PRO that we can use to flormat size with.

Would you please give the pixel count (per side or total) and the steps needed for me to show a picture with text. When I am typing text can I give a command to add a photo?  I would like a cookbook to follow.

I looked on the HELP key but did not see anything about  posting photo's.  THANKS

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Jeff

D._Frederick, edit the photo to a width of 350 pixles if it is wider then tall, and about 240 if it is taller then wide.  Save a COPY of this photo to your computer where you can easily find it again. Give it a name you can regonize when you see it again.  I suggest using your initials or name in it somewhere.  Make sure you dont use capital letters or spaces or anyt charachters other then_ or- int the file name. Example:

jeff_picture_of_an_ugly_cat.jpg

Once this is saved, you need a program to compress the file size.  go to www.xat.com and download the jpeg optimizer.

compressing is simple. Open the jpeg optimizer, then browse to the photo you want to compress and open it.  You will see two versions of your photo. THe original you opened, and the one you are compressing.  There is a simple slide control you can move to compress the photo. Compress it as far as you can without losing a lot of quality.  once you drop below the new forum limit of 20K they can be saved and posted.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Yep, That's pretty much it.  Jeff did good. :D

Of the two xat programs, Jpeg optimizer and Image optimizer, I use the demo verion of Image optiimizer.  both will work.  It just depends on how your mind works.

There are some really good instructions with them too.  You will find that you can do a lot to improve your optimized pictures' clarity with "specific area optimization".

Once you get the picture created on your computer and looking the way you want it, click on the "additional opeions" a the bottom of the reply window and use the "browse" to attach the photo to the post. ;D

Pretty simple, eh?

Larry

D,
Paint Shop Pro has an excellent optimizer.  If ya need any help with it give me a shout.  Lot of times I'll do 50 to 100 pictures at a time with it.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

D._Frederick

This is our five year old Australian Shepard.

Jeff

D._Frederick

Thanks for the help everybody. My son helped find my way thru the procedure. Next time will be easier.

Jeff-- A nice change and improvement  to the forum. We can never pay you back for all the time you spend on contantly improving the forum. It is much faster here in Oregon now.  Many thanks.

rvrdivr

Help. I think I'm missing something here... I clicked on - Additional Options, but I don't see the Browse button. If I click on,     
"Click here for member photo gallery.
Photo upload facility".
I still don't see a Browes button.
Please help, I'm scared and confused :D

Furby

Those buttons have been removed. It's now copy and paste for the pics.

Go to this thread for better info:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10428.0

rvrdivr

D._Frederick

Need guidance to use new system to post pictures.

Can't get this thread to work from Furby. https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10428.0  I get an error message and it locks the computer up so that I need to re boot.

Jeff

THat thread does not exist. I dont have a clue what furby posted.

Furby

Jeff,
That was the thread that you dumped when you put up the one that is there now for moving pics out of the archive, into our galleries, that we now are not doing.
Anyways, I don't belive we have any written instructions on posting/uploading pics for the current system as of now. I can't see the buttons as they are for people that don't yet have their first album, because I allready created an album, so I can't give real good directions on that part of things.

Jeff

Furby

Sorry Jeff, I see you didn't dump that thread after all. ::)
I thought that thread was what I had linked to, but I don't have a clue as to why the code is different now.

D._Frederick,
That thread does have some good info in it if you can work your way through the the rest of it. There is also some info in the FAQ section of the image archives.

D._Frederick

I screwed it up!!

I logged on and went to (image archive)  and stepped across the different functions, when I got to (upload file), I get the following error message: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files. It said to logoff and logon again, but nothing happens. Is this normal?

Jeff

No need to log off, just make sure you are logged into the forum before you go to the gallery.

You should already be in "Admin-Mode"
Go to "Create/Order My Albums"and click "New". Change "New Album" to your desired name.

Click "Apply Modifications".

You now have a place to upload to.