iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I’m finally back making sawdust!

Started by kczbest, March 08, 2019, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kczbest

The last two and a half years have been a comedy of errors with my health! First I had a blood clot go through my heart and get stuck in my left anterior artery causing a heart attack. I was working within sight of the hospital so in less than 10 minutes from the first symptom I was wheeled out of the heart Cath Lab and recovered with no permanent damage! I was cleared to resume full work activities the day before I had what should have been a routine abdominal surgery but when I woke up I had a terrible headache with very limited movement of my right arm and no movement of my right hand. It turns out I was dropped off the operating table and herniated a disc in my neck. After a ton of physical therapy I get over that to wind up getting Lyme Disease. After all of that I say that I'm blessed and thank God that I'm finally healthy and enjoying my mill again. I am glad to report that my sawdust addiction is also alive and well.
Please don't take your health for granted.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Magicman

Welcome back.  You made me get Google out to remind me where Steens is.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

AZ_builder

Sounds like you've gone thru the ringer a few times!! Glad to see your back at it.

Southside

Quote from: kczbest on March 08, 2019, 09:49:52 PMIt turns out I was dropped off the operating table and herniated a disc in my neck.

Glad to hear you are doing better, but just curious - did they explain how that happened?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kczbest

I never really got a straight answer. They claim that the cameras in the Operating room were not working so I guess I'll never know. It happened at a University Hospital that is immune to lawsuits so I'm stuck holding the bag$$$$$$.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

sandhills

I'm glad you're back at it!  I have a wife that's a nurse and a sister as well.  I'm not trying to preach here at all but I've also had to be one for my uncle for the last year or so of his life and I'll tell you it ain't easy work.  I know the $$$ thing can drive you mad but make sure it comes down to the right people if you should pursue it (think administration :-X), just my .02.  Again, glad things are getting back to normal.  

lxskllr

Glad you're doing better, and getting back to it. Hope they didn't make you pay for your abdominal surgery after dropping you. Those bills would be going right in the circular file, and I'd be having a "personal" discussion with the administration.

Thank You Sponsors!