iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee Doctor

Started by Magicman, June 03, 2010, 10:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

I've had surgery on both knees over the years. A torn ACL on the left knee and a torn meniscus on the right knee. Also a number of pain shots from the pain management doctor and have a brace prescribed for each knee for downhill skiing. Knee replacements are pending.
~Ron

Magicman

Oh my, it's been 7 years since I started this topic and I am still creaking around on that old bad knee.  Yep it swells during the day when I am sawing and twisting, but I am still managing.  I still rarely (if ever) wear the brace.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Was at the Orthopaedic Clinic yesterday getting a shot in my right knee.
it's only the second time ever
Back next week for the left
I can't get both at once because it raises my blood sugar to much.
I can't get new knees till i lose alot more bmi.
i'm working on it it's a long day with 2 torn meniscus and no cartilage.
Some days hard to keep up beat  :(
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 31, 2018, 12:31:01 PM
Some days hard to keep up beat  :(

My week is going hard and I feel down too sometimes. But, I just look around and see guys a lot worse off than me.
Anyhow you have to think how your going to keep all the ff guys at my place entertain.
:D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Looking forward to it Peter it will be good times :)
It just bugs me when i can't go at it as hard anymore  :(
Only thing i have been good at is working and talking :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

It's taken me a long time to realize I can't work like I used to. Feeling down gets to me, but you have to fight it off and think of what you did get accomplished. Today is going to be better and we'll be happy at the end of the day knowing we did better.
Ed K

Magicman

Ed, that is a very uplifting reply.  You have endured many hardships and setbacks and from your viewpoint offer some very valuable advice.  Make the day better because you lived it.  Thank You.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tree-farmer

Since sawing a notch in side of knee cap and end of lower leg bone, the joint crackels and pops with every step.
Pain is bearable most of the time. A few hours on the tractor clutch, leaves me  whining and looking for a strong drink. Plan to live with it as long as I'm mobile, then get a overhaul.
Get some interesting looks at the grinding noises it makes when squating down to look at low shelf in a  quite  library.   :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

runmca

I had my ACL surgery last Thursday and so far so good. They used a part of my hamstring tendon as a graft. Saw the doc today and said everything looked good, no signs of arthritis from my previous meniscus surgery. No pain pills needed anymore and the most annoying part right now is the cold I'm fighting off. PT starts on Wednesday. hurt_smiley

Another thing to share. The night when I returned home from surgery, I had a mini anxiety attack. The confinement of the brace and not being able to bend my leg freaked me out for a bit. Plus they used a nerve block so I couldn't feel part of my leg. Thankfully that feeling subsided that evening. The nurse mentioned the anesthesia sometimes causes that. Anyone else experience that?

petefrom bearswamp

Hope all goes well for you.
IMO the most important part is diligently doing your PT.
When I had mine done in '95 PT was started the next day and ran for a couple of months if memory serves.
I have been having twinges in my left (ACL repair) knee for a couple of months now and see the surgeon for my annual check on Thursday.
I see him annually since the bilateral MAKOplasty in 2014.
Years ago another ortho guy told me to wrap the knee with saran wrap which I do when I get symptoms and it seems to help a lot.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

runmca

thanks Pete, good luck with your checkup!

Had my first PT session yesterday...wow how quickly the leg turns to mush.

petefrom bearswamp

Good for ya
Keep the PT up!
Saw my surgeon yesterday and all looks good in both knees in spite of the twinges I get in my left one.
Dont got back for 2 years unless a problem rears its ugly head.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!