iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

288 xp lite having problems?

Started by tmroper, January 23, 2010, 01:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

I've had this problem, the piece between the carb and the cylinder head has a crack in it, i don't know how to spell it, its called the condream, on a Stihl its the rubber boot, it has a clamp on each side,  i've had them come louse, or crack.
On a Husky it was a solid piece of hard fiber, between the carb and the head, it took me a long time to find the problem.
Just a guess
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

tmroper

I went out and cut firewood this weekend and the saw did pretty good.  It cranked well.  idled well, and cut small stuff extremely well but when I cut a large daimeter pine it really slowed the rpm's to the point of almost not cutting. 

Anyone have any suggestions for what might be going on?

rickywashere

how's the compression on the saw  sounds as if its warming up and loosing power ... a 288 should rip through pine like cutting water with a sharp chain

tmroper

I don't have a compression gauge that will fit the saw so I am going to have to pick one up.  I did the quick test and held onto the pull cord handle and the saw did not drop.  I also have pulled the muffler and everything looks good and shiny.  Everything is newly rebuilt on this saw from the shop even though that doesn't mean everything. 

Thank You Sponsors!